Serveral requests waiting for a slot to be free, despite available sessions

Summer Zhang

Dec 13, 2017, 8:46:22 AM12/13/17
to Selenium Users

OS:
Windows 10

Selenium Version:
3.5.3

Browser:
Chrome

Browser Version:
61

Expected Behavior -

Can find the nodes to run the cases if there exists available sessions

Actual Behavior -

Can't find the nodes to run the cases.

Steps to reproduce -

  1. Run a set of cases , there are about 200 cases in my test.
  2. When running about the 50 cases, press the Ctrl+C to quit the test.
  3. Repeat the step 1 and step 2 for about 5 times.
  4. Rerun the step 1, I found even there are some available node, but the cases can't find a node to run.

advanceau...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2017, 12:59:29 PM12/13/17
to Selenium Users

By doing Ctrl+C you are manually terminating the action between hub and nodes. At that moment Hub assumes node is still busy. And the node assumes its performing some action.. leaving them in limbo.

You will have to re-start your grid to not see this issue.

Summer Zhang

Dec 13, 2017, 8:46:31 PM12/13/17
to Selenium Users
Restart can solve this issue.
Besides to restart the hub and nodes, are there any other ways to solve it, such as add a timeout parameter to force quit?

在 2017年12月14日星期四 UTC+8上午1:59:29,advanceau...@gmail.com写道:

Krishnan Mahadevan

Dec 13, 2017, 9:46:31 PM12/13/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

You should be able to let the node heal itself by specifying a meaningful timeout/sessiontimeout value when bringing up the node. I believe that the default value is 1800 seconds.

The parameters that you need to be using are :

  • -timeout
  • -cleanUpCycle

For more information see :

https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/Grid2#configuring-timeouts-version-221-required

 https://rationaleemotions.github.io/gridopadesham/NODE_CONFIG_DOC.html

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Summer Zhang

Dec 15, 2017, 2:11:41 AM12/15/17
to Selenium Users
Got it, thanks very much

在 2017年12月14日星期四 UTC+8上午10:46:31,Krishnan Mahadevan写道: