All input fields on page getting cleared when changing select elements

Rōnin Dusette

Jul 31, 2017, 10:32:51 PM7/31/17
to Selenium Users
Hi! It goes without saying that I am new here, and new to Selenium. I am using the Selenium IDE to fill out a form for an app that I am building. When it fills out regular input fields, everything works fine, but as soon as it gets to a select dropdown or a radio button, Selenium clears all values from any input field on the page. Has anyone seen this happen before? If so, is there a workaround? I did some google searching before deciding to post here. Usually my Google-Fu is pretty good, and I find an answer, but I can't find anything related to this.

The app is using React. I don't know if that matters, but yeah.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nitish Kumar

Aug 13, 2017, 9:22:29 AM8/13/17
to Selenium Users
It might be because of event handling in your react app, you could try few things
1. Check the application behaviour ( Silly question,  but might be it's scripted that way only), so try it manually and verify
2. Manually find out which event is triggered on your operations ( many a times there is a difference in the event that's triggered during manual or automated operation )
3. If possible please do share the website url