How to change immutablePreferences in Firefox

Furqan Malik

Aug 16, 2017, 4:23:41 PM8/16/17
to Selenium Users
Hi there,

I am trying to change Firefox preference but some preferences are immutablePreference which are frozen.

FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
profile.SetPreference("browser.search.update", true);

If I run the above code, I get following exception,

Preference browser.search.update may not be overridden: frozen value=False, requested value=True

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Николай Беляев

Aug 17, 2017, 10:39:42 PM8/17/17
to Selenium Users
you can try to change preferences in selenium json file