Connectivh to running chrome session

sabarinath g

Aug 24, 2016, 4:26:01 AM8/24/16
to Selenium Users
Hi,

  Does anyone help to use selenium chrome webdriver(python) to connect running chrome session.

 Anyother way to control the running chrome session?

praveen kumar cherukuri

Aug 24, 2016, 4:50:39 AM8/24/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi..,
Selenium cannot handle the currently running sessions. Selenium is not designed to work so.

If it is really required, we might take help of alternative tools. But for sure "Not Selenium"
Hope this helps you ..

Good luck.!!
/Praveen.

Aniket

Panikera Raj

Aug 24, 2016, 5:09:57 AM8/24/16
to selenium-users
I think Praveen is correct

-Panikera

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-users/464033e4-a48c-4013-b40d-7d0b64040660%40googlegroups.com.

sabarinath g

Aug 24, 2016, 5:40:05 AM8/24/16
to Selenium Users
ok. I got it.But does we have any way to handle the running chrome session by invoking any tricks? And my actually purpose is to grab all the URL on opened tabs and i'm trying to code with pyhton.

Though few python module could control the chrome browser but which should also be invoked by the same module rather than running session.

Panikera Raj

Aug 24, 2016, 5:53:57 AM8/24/16
to selenium-users
Hi Sabarinath,

try to find out all web elements ( basically only links)get the links URL by using Href attribute of every web element

I hope this will help you

-Panikera

sabarinath g

praveen kumar cherukuri

Aug 24, 2016, 8:13:44 AM8/24/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sabarinath,

I would like to know what are the steps/actions you are trying to achieve..
(I cannot promise a solution, but would like to know your intention. )

Step 1 : Check all the existing instances (along with all tabs) of chrome browser in the local machine
Step 2 : Capture all the links...
Step 3 : ..???

Could you please detail a bit about your requirement.

Thanks,
Praveen.

praveen kumar cherukuri

Aug 24, 2016, 9:40:34 AM8/24/16
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
If your requirement is "JUST" to capture all the links of the webpage..
we really dont need the help of selenium for that..

This can be achieved with the help of JavaScript..

Steps to achieve the list of links..

Step 1: Open the developer tools on Chrome (Shortcut : F12)
Step 2: Navigate to Console (tab present on the developer tools)
Step 3: Paste the below code in the console and hit execute..
---------------------
code :
var arr = [], l = document.links;
for(var i=0; i<l.length; i++) {
  console.log(l[i].href);
}

Yippeeee... And the list is there... !!!

Hope this works for you...

Good Luck..!!
Praveen.

Praveen