Django views with a selenium function not able to render automatic browsing for remote clients

nitish pal

Jan 13, 2018, 10:13:04 PM1/13/18
to Selenium Users

I am unable to understand this technicality. Or how to go about it.

During development of a Django website on my local machine, I included selenium(with chromedriver) for a functionality. Where the user enters a data on the website and clicks a button which triggers selenium method to open a page, then the user makes his choice which causes the selenium to scrap off the data and quit the driver. And take the scrapped up data as one of the semi-auto-filled form entries on the website. All this worked fine with Chrome drivers path present on my local machine.

But when I shifted the website to production on the server and uploaded the chrome drive along with the website as well, giving drivers proper path name on the server machine. I am unable to get the driver working on remote client window machines when I access the website. How can I get the same functionality as in during development in local machine for remote clients as well?