rc Debugging & Eclipse?

Marc Weber

Apr 1, 2009, 2:03:23 PM4/1/09
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
I've succeeded launching the projects into Eclipse without trouble.
However when strartung the server I get some wired exceptions such as

java.lang.NullPointerException\\ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:61)\\ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:55)\\ &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.LauncherUtils.extractHTAFile(LauncherUtils.java:227)

caused by extractHTAFile not finding TestPrompt.html which is included in ./server-coreless/target/selenium-server-coreless-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Is there a simple workaround ?

The firefox profile isn't copied (in particular I don't see the plugins I've installed into the special profile).
I'd like to investigate the cause.

Marc Weber

Marc Weber

Apr 2, 2009, 9:11:08 PM4/2/09
to selenium-users...@googlegroups.com
There is an easy way:
run "mvn package"
to create the -standalone.jar
then add a new debug configuration adding this jar as exteral jar to the claspath.
Set the Main class to SeleniumServer and off you go.

Don't forget to attach sources from the project folders.

Happy debugging
Marc Weber