Re: page does not complete refresh indefinitely after using modalpopup

Doug Dragon

Apr 2, 2015, 11:43:28 AM4/2/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Would it help to do a manual refresh on the page? If the modal is supposed to refresh after closing, perhaps the page is waiting for some interaction from the user that it's not getting?

Python refresh example
self.browser.refresh()

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 11:17:11 PM UTC-4, Baghzaad Bhomisha wrote:
Hi,

I have a modal popup which does some operation and closes once done...it then refreshes the page automatically...when i run this with selenium it works fine but at times it does not complete refresh of the browser....the browser stays in loading state forever unless i close it manually....I am using sel 2.44 and firefox 27....kindly advice...

Baghzaad Bhomisha

Apr 8, 2015, 7:37:10 PM4/8/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response...it now occurs randomly so its not just happening for modal popups....this time it clicked on a link and all i could see in the browsers status bar...transferring to testsite.com... i tried to click on the link myself once and i also tried refresh but the browser would close immediately....this happens in FF only...i m using 27 version as its the only one that works with sel 2.44...

Doug Dragon

Apr 8, 2015, 11:44:30 PM4/8/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. If the page is supposed to refresh automatically after the modal closes then it sounds like the click on the modal isn't being recognized. Are you able to perform the click via Selenium interactively? In Python, I would do something like this:

from selenium import webdriver
driver
= webdriver.Firefox()
driver
.get("http://your-webpage.tld")
# here you can perform the click manually via the browser
driver
.find_element_by_css_selector("css_selector_of_element").click()

I hope that helps,

-Doug

Baghzaad Bhomisha

Apr 9, 2015, 11:49:37 PM4/9/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
my code is doing the same thing....but its no longer a problem just on modal popup as i thought earlier...it happens randomly on any page of the whole website....its kind of hung state...never had this issue before...plus the selenium server does not throw any error too...just keeps on waiting till timeout of the browser.....

Doug Dragon

Apr 9, 2015, 11:52:13 PM4/9/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps it would help if you could share some of the code? The code from the modal and what you are trying would help.

Baghzaad Bhomisha

Apr 10, 2015, 1:15:10 AM4/10/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
sure wht i will do is wait for this issue to come again next week....then will copy the logs from selenium cmd window and send u the screen shot as well...
Message has been deleted