Verify UI changes due to API usage on same driver instance - HOW?

Tomek Tarnowski

May 2, 2016, 11:29:08 AM5/2/16
to Selenium Users
Hi all!

I'm writing tests for Chrome Browser with Selenium WebDriver in C#.

My aim is to test if element is displayed on page after certain API command is executed.

Example:

tableVM.bus.publish('table/addNote','Hello World! This is alert window!');

Effect:

So the question is:
how to execute 3rd-party API on same driver instance so I will be able to verify changes on UI?

Thanks in advance!

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

May 2, 2016, 11:21:41 PM5/2/16
to Selenium Users
Tomek,

When you say execute 3rd party API on same driver instance, what do you mean ?

>>>tableVM.bus.publish('table/addNote','Hello World! This is alert window!');
Is this a javascript call you are referring to here ?

WebDriver is just a mechanism to talk to your web application through the browser. What sort of interaction are you referring to here ? It would be good if you would please help elaborate a bit more.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan