Selenium Grid with RC

Amit Chugh

Mar 1, 2015, 7:00:32 AM3/1/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in configuring selenium grid with rc.
Issue is how browser can be defined. Like if we define browser in desired capabilities so what to mention in selenium = default selenium("","","","");

And do we need to write RemoteWebDriver here also??
It is needed very urgently required.

Please help!!
Thanks!!!

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 1, 2015, 7:33:42 AM3/1/15
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Amit,

You should be getting away from using Selenium RC. Its been deprecated and there is no maintenance that is being done on the Selenium 1.x libraries.

That being said and done, you can get this done using WebDriverBackedSelenium.

DesiredCapabilities dc = DesiredCapabilities.firefox ();
URL url = new URL("http://localhost:4444/wd/hub");
WebDriver driver = new RemoteWebDriver (url,dc);
Selenium selenium = new WebDriverBackedSelenium (driver, "http://wwww.facebook.com");
selenium.open ("http://www.facebook.com");
System.out.println (selenium.getLocation ());
driver.quit ();
You would start the grid and the node as below :

Grid : java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.45.0.jar -role hub
Node : java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.45.0.jar -role node -hub http://0.0.0.0:4444/grid/register

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.wordpress.com/