Feature request idea: Export browsers memory profilers via webdriver

已查看 33 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

giovanni....@evilaliv3.org

未读,
2016年2月3日 17:02:382016/2/3
收件人 Selenium Developers

It would be valuable if selenium could export the memory profilers of the different browsers and possibly would try to uniform their API.

This would make possible for users to track memory allocations verifying memory leaks and other issues while doing automatic testing.

Probably what would be simple to be implemented using to get support in all the various browsers is to have simply an API like Node process.memoryUsage() that exports rss and heapUsage:https://nodejs.org/api/process.html#process_process_memoryusage

This would make possible to implement retesting on critical applications like we are trying to do in GlobaLeaks and OpenPGP.jsopenpgpjs/openpgpjs#403

What do you think?

best,

Giovanni Pellerano

David Burns

未读,
2016年2月4日 09:38:562016/2/4
收件人 selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I think something like this would be useful to people. However I do have some thoughts:

  • This is essentially an addition to the logging endpoint[1], like performance logging[2]
  • Is there a standard way the data would come out? What shape would the JSON look like? Is there a spec we could work from?

To be honest, since this can be done via logging, the onus to get this implemented is really on browser vendors to have those implementations we can call, especially as WebDriver gets implemented from a specification[3]

David

[1] https://github.com/seleniumhq/selenium/wiki/jsonwireprotocol#sessionsessionidlog

[2] https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/logging/performance-log

[3] http://w3c.github.io/webdriver/webdriver-spec.html