Regarding Official Php driver

Manoj K

May 2, 2016, 1:48:20 AM5/2/16
to Selenium Developers
 I see that we have mentioned Adam Goucher's php webdriver as SeHQ recommended and the github repo looks untouched and last updates was 3 or 4 years ago.

And, I see Facebook's webdriver is actually a fork of Adam's and actively maintained. Should we change the flag of recommended one to Facebook's or just remove the flag that's next to Adam's.

If we agree upon one, I can start looking at setting up things on my mac and start writing examples and test it before adding it in the docs.

Regards,
Manoj

Luke Inman-Semerau

May 2, 2016, 10:02:44 AM5/2/16
to Selenium Developers
We should probably just remove the 'recommended' text next to adam's.  When writing examples on the other pages, note in a comment which php bindings they were written against.

Manoj K

May 2, 2016, 9:31:03 PM5/2/16
to Selenium Developers
I shall wait for 2 more days to see any reply from other dev's. If not, I shall raise a PR removing the text and start writing code snippets using php based on the actively used php bindings and a mention of it as per Luke suggestion.

Jason Leyba

May 3, 2016, 3:43:03 PM5/3/16
to Selenium Developers
The official Selenium docs should only reference officially maintained language bindings. We should remove all references to php.

My 2c.

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 6:31 PM Manoj K <mano...@gmail.com> wrote:
I shall wait for 2 more days to see any reply from other dev's. If not, I shall raise a PR removing the text and start writing code snippets using php based on the actively used php bindings and a mention of it as per Luke suggestion.

Manoj K

May 3, 2016, 10:23:41 PM5/3/16
to Selenium Developers
Done, thanks.