HtmlUnitDriver and Alert

Ahmed Ashour

Jul 14, 2015, 4:13:15 AM7/14/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have started working to implement Alert for HtmlUnitDriver, with first step proposed in PR#774.

There are one main point I would like to discuss before moving forward:

    - I understood that WebDriver expects the Browser to be run in a different thread, because for example:
        - Browser in Page 1
        - click() which goes to Page 2
        - Alert is retrieved, then .accept()
        - Browser would be in Page 2

        Currently with HtmlUnit, clicking triggers the alert and browser is already at page 2, after returning from .click().

        What I propose here:
            a- Change HtmlUnit to stop processing until the Alert is accept(), this is currently happening for 'prompt', but not for 'alert'
            b- Change HtmlUnitDriver so it runs on a different thread, which waits till the test/user thread accept() the Alert before continuing execution.
                In other words, .click() to be asynchronous call.

As a side note, I guess it would be helpful if Alert is javadoc documented.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ahmed