Firefox addon signing policy and it's affect on Selenium IDE

David Burns

Feb 16, 2015, 4:27:47 PM2/16/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure if you have all seen that Mozilla will be implementing a policy[1] that require all addon's to be signed to be able to be used. Since, and am open to correction, we don't have an active IDE maintainer/ IDE has hit the end of it's maintenance window. Do we have a plan to support these people or when this policy[1]  comes into affect around Firefox 41 (August/September time)?

What is the status of Selenium Builder?
Has it been moved over to the Selenium project officially? If not, what still needs to be done?
Or do we not care about this proportion of our userbase?

Andreas Tolfsen

Feb 17, 2015, 8:08:45 AM2/17/15
On 16 Feb 2015, at 21:27, David Burns <david...@theautomatedtester.co.uk> wrote:
> I am not sure if you have all seen that Mozilla will be implementing a policy[1] that require all addon's to be signed to be able to be used.

JustfFor reference, there's a thread about this on selenium-users@ as well: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/selenium-users/p24nzz_3p-E/discussion

Samit Badle

Mar 4, 2015, 6:39:03 PM3/4/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Even though we have reached the end of maintenance window for IDE, I am trying to get the next IDE release signed. I will try to discuss this with some of you personally when I am in London later this month. My plan to release v2.9 were delayed due to memory leaks that started after a recent Firefox version and I have not managed to find a solution yet.

David Burns

Mar 4, 2015, 6:40:52 PM3/4/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Samit,

Since there are a number of us that won't be there can you just share your thoughts on this thread.

David