Create a Session from WebDriver.js

Sam Uong

Jul 10, 2015, 7:32:32 PM7/10/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone who is a bit more familiar with webdriver.js can help me with this. Does anyone know why the webdriver.js builder requires a session id?

Currently webdriver.Builder.build() checks if a session id is provided, and attaches itself to the session if it is. If no id is given, it will throw an Error. Is there any reason it can't just call createSession() instead? Something like this:

This works for me when I try to use it, but I'm wondering if I've broken an edge case that I'm not aware of...

Sam.