Bug migration

Simon Stewart

Mar 12, 2015, 2:04:47 PM3/12/15
to selenium-developers
This is the vote with the options I think we should consider:

1) Migrate the existing bugs using the Google Code GH migration tool

2) Close all open Core and RC bugs, then migrate the remaining open issues.

3) As 3, but manually scan the remaining issues to identify the ones that need moving.

4) Declare bug bankruptcy.

5) Just migrate issue 141

I'll close the vote next Thursday, unless there's an overwhelming majority piling in on one option.

Simon

Luke Inman-Semerau

Mar 12, 2015, 2:12:13 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Option 4.

Google Code will still be 'open' and readable for a while... can we
just stop all new issues now on it?

Jason Leyba

Mar 12, 2015, 2:17:19 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Option 5.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:12 AM Luke Inman-Semerau <luke.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Option 4.

Google Code will still be 'open' and readable for a while... can we
just stop all new issues now on it?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Simon Stewart
<simon.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the vote with the options I think we should consider:
>
> 1) Migrate the existing bugs using the Google Code GH migration tool
>
> 2) Close all open Core and RC bugs, then migrate the remaining open issues.
>
> 3) As 3, but manually scan the remaining issues to identify the ones that
> need moving.
>
> 4) Declare bug bankruptcy.
>
> 5) Just migrate issue 141
>
> I'll close the vote next Thursday, unless there's an overwhelming majority
> piling in on one option.
>
> Simon

Alexei Barantsev

Mar 12, 2015, 2:22:13 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Option 4

Regards
--
Alexei Barantsev
Software-Testing.Ru

David Burns

Mar 12, 2015, 3:18:25 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com, selenium-developers
Option 4

Sent from Mailbox

Dary, Dominik

Mar 12, 2015, 4:36:02 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

Option4

Jason Leyba

Mar 12, 2015, 4:59:17 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I am horrified at the lack of support for issue 141.

All joking aside, we need to preserve this one to document that the feature is declared out of scope and won't be implemented. If we don't, it won't take long for someone to resurrect the issue.  If not recorded on the issue tracker, it should be captured in a wiki page.

Andreas Tolfsen

Mar 12, 2015, 6:03:25 PM3/12/15
On 12 Mar 2015, at 20:59, Jason Leyba <jml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All joking aside, we need to preserve this one to document that the feature is declared out of scope and won't be implemented. If we don't, it won't take long for someone to resurrect the issue. If not recorded on the issue tracker, it should be captured in a wiki page.

I agree with this. We can create a simple archive, either in a wiki page or somewhere else, of all the issues. If we don't import them, we should make sure we post them somewhere for posterities sake.

Seva Lo

Mar 12, 2015, 6:35:04 PM3/12/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I vote 6) Find ~all issues mentioned in the code and migrate those.

And volunteer finding and migrating. I'd potentially remove from code some references to uninteresting issues and skip migrating those.

Seva

Jim Evans

Mar 13, 2015, 8:39:00 AM3/13/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I vote for option 4. As for issue 141, there are several blog posts about the issue, and anyone is welcome to use the text of mine on the subject as part of a forthcoming wiki article.

Kristian Rosenvold

Mar 13, 2015, 8:45:30 AM3/13/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Option 1 or 2 as long as it's not too much hassle. I find declaring bankruptcy to be a bit disrespectful of the people who have spent significant time and effort in creating good issue reports. I'd rather just kill off all issues without testcases and less than 5 stars; but that's a different strategy.

Just closing them with a standard message and a link to file a new issue (with testcase!) at google code should do the trick ?

Kristian

I vote for option 4. As for issue 141, there are several blog posts about the issue, and anyone is welcome to use the text of mine on the subject as part of a forthcoming wiki article.

Samit Badle

Mar 16, 2015, 5:25:56 PM3/16/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Option 4.

Even if we do, it still won't take long for some one to try an resurrect the issue. We can always declare it out of scope and close it when it comes up again.