QAE/SDET Looking to Help Out

Joshua Sacks

Sep 10, 2015, 2:01:36 PM9/10/15
to Selenium Developers
I love using Selenium to help with my job and I'm looking to start doing more development work.  How can I start assisting with the Selenium project?

Andreas Tolfsen

Sep 10, 2015, 2:24:11 PM9/10/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Joshua Sacks <jms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I love using Selenium to help with my job and I'm looking to start doing
> more development work. How can I start assisting with the Selenium project?

Please see our contributing guide:

https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

And look in our issue tracker for bugs marked “easy” or which tickle
your curiosity:

https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/issues

The best starting bugs are often the ones where you fix a problem
you’re having yourself.

Daniel Davison

Sep 16, 2015, 10:16:02 AM9/16/15
to Selenium Developers
here is a direct link to those easy labels:

The site could use some work if you want to look to see if theres a few minor (or major) tweaks to it's design or presentation.

You can also tackle some of the new documentation: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/docs

David

Sep 16, 2015, 6:11:11 PM9/16/15
to Selenium Developers
Aside from involvement with official Selenium project, you could also help out with 3rd party Selenium projects, like for example unofficial 3rd party client language bindings. Some of them fall behind in terms of feature, Selenium API support compared to the official client bindings.