Click when we need to key down?

p0deje

Dec 20, 2017, 12:51:48 AM12/20/17
to selenium-developers
Hey guys,

https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/issues/4865 revealed an interesting case when simulation of key down in Actions API event executes click prior to key down. We had a quick conversation on IRC with Alexei Barancev and he says it’s possible this is done for focusing on an element, but it’s still not clear why would it be done automatically. The specification is also vague and doesn’t explain anything.

Does anybody know why actions are implemented this way? Maybe we should consider changing it so that it’s users’ responsibility to focus element when they need.

Quoting Alexei: “Actions usually follow “do what I say" mantra, not "do what I mean".