A CurrentFrame property in the IWebDriver interface in .NET Selenium bindings

Dean Gurvitz

Jan 18, 2015, 2:06:55 PM1/18/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
The IWebDriver interface in the .NET part of the Selenium library clearly specifies a property for the CurrentWindowHandle. However, it doesn't have any method/property for getting a containing IFrame element. Such a method can easily be implemented using ExecuteJavaScript and the JavaScript window.frameElement member, and possibly return null or throw an exception if the current window is top-level.

David Burns

Jan 21, 2015, 3:04:24 PM1/21/15
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Dean,

I am not sure if this is a feature request here but for context we don't support getting the frame element from inside it because we assume that you have done a sequence of steps to get there. Do you have a use case that requires that you get the containing frame?

David