selenium src build/test error

Tom Shi

Apr 21, 2011, 9:28:46 AM4/21/11
to Selenium Developers
I downloaded selenium source code based on the doc
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/BuildingWebDriver

When I run build at windows XP with 'go' command, the test failed with
the messages:

.
.
Testing: //javascript/atoms:test
Testing: //javascript/webdriver-atoms:test
Testing: //javascript/selenium-atoms:test
Testing: //javascript/selenium-core:test
Testing: //java/client/test/org/openqa/selenium/atoms:test
Testing: //java/client/test/org/openqa/selenium/support:test
Compiling: //java/client/src/org/openqa/selenium/internal/
seleniumemulation:seleniumemulation as build\java\client\src\o
rg\openqa\selenium\internal\seleniumemulation\seleniumemulation.jar
Compiling: //java/client/test/org/openqa/selenium:tests as build\java
\client\test\org\openqa\selenium\tests.jar
Compiling: //java/client/test/org/openqa/selenium/htmlunit:test as
build\java\client\test\org\openqa\selenium\htmlunit\t
est.jar
Testing: //java/client/test/org/openqa/selenium/htmlunit:test
go aborted!
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Test
org.openqa.selenium.htmlunit.JavascriptEnabledHtmlUnitDriverTestSuite
failed

At the TEST-
org.openqa.selenium.htmlunit.JavascriptEnabledHtmlUnitDriverTestSuite.txt
log file has following error messages at bottom:

Testcase: testPac took 0 sec
Testcase: testShouldPickUpStyleOfAnElement took 0.032 sec
Testcase: testShouldHandleNonIntegerPositionAndSize took 0.016 sec
Testcase: testShouldAllowInheritedStylesToBeUsed took 0.047 sec
Testcase: testShouldCorrectlyIdentifyThatAnElementHasWidth took 0.281
sec
Testcase: testCorrectlyDetectMapElementsAreShown took 0.031 sec
Testcase: testCanClickOnSuckerFishMenuItem took 0.062 sec
FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
at
org.openqa.selenium.RenderedWebElementTest.testCanClickOnSuckerFishMenuItem(RenderedWebElementTest.java:
161)
at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
I do see several javascript loading error messages also:

4765 [main] ERROR com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.HtmlPage - Error
prototype.js].
java.io.IOException: Unable to download JavaScript from 'http://
localhost:27993/common/javascripts/prototype.js' (status 404).
at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.HtmlPage.loadJavaScriptFromUrl(HtmlPage.java:
1013)
at
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.html.HtmlPage.loadExternalJavaScriptFile(HtmlPage.java:
959

Any ideas about these errors? Anyway to skip this test if it can not
be fixed easily?

Thanks
Tom Shi

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 22, 2011, 7:34:37 PM4/22/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

A few tips:

After a build there are log files and testlog files which can be found
at:

build\build_log.xml
build\test_logs

you can have a look there to see what's going on. When i build i also
encounter test failures when the firefox tests are run. It's annoying
that the build aborts in that case but you can prevent that from
happening in the following way.

Edit rake-tasks\crazy_fun\mappings\java.rb

change all occurences of
haltonerror => true into haltonerror => false
haltonfailure => true into haltonfailure => false

Hope that helps,

Ivo

On 21 apr, 15:28, Tom Shi <tm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I downloaded selenium source code based on the dochttp://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/BuildingWebDriver

Jason

Apr 22, 2011, 8:14:09 PM4/22/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I just checked and that test failed for me on IE and Firefox.  Looks like a bad test made it into the tree :(

Tom Shi

Apr 26, 2011, 9:45:42 AM4/26/11
to Selenium Developers
I searched the java.rb and java_tests.rb, updated java.rb based on
your suggestions. But the build still got aborted with the same error.

Thanks

Tom Shi

Apr 26, 2011, 9:48:11 AM4/26/11
to Selenium Developers
Any expert can fix the test cases?

I like to see the test cases work so I can learn from them to write my
own test cases.

Thanks.

Jari Bakken

Apr 27, 2011, 10:20:09 AM4/27/11
On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Ivo Grootjes <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Edit rake-tasks\crazy_fun\mappings\java.rb
>
> change all occurences of
> haltonerror => true into haltonerror => false
> haltonfailure => true into haltonfailure => false

By the way, I made these configurable from the command line here

http://code.google.com/p/selenium/source/detail?r=12067