Switching between online/offline

Mark Charsley

Oct 27, 2016, 12:05:48 AM10/27/16
to Selenium Developers
Hi. I'm on a team that's working on a Progressive Web App, and want to have some automated tests for its offline support.

As far as I can tell, while Chrome's Dev Tools API allows one to tell Chrome "pretend you're offline", there's no way to access this via selenium.

Before I start sharpening my Yak Razor, were I to develop a Webdriver Capability/Extension that exposed this functionality (and a chromedriver implementation thereof) as a completely unofficial 20% project, would there be interest in accepting the patch into selenium?

thanks

Mark

Luke Inman-Semerau

Oct 27, 2016, 12:03:21 PM10/27/16
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
There is a NetworkConnection[1] API that was created for Mobile support and was implemented in Appium and Selendroid (maybe others?). It's been detailed in the Mobile Spec[2]. Sounds like chrome / chromedriver could implement those API calls for enabling / disabling network. If you're not aware, the chromedriver source code is here[3].

Mark Charsley

Oct 28, 2016, 10:13:12 AM10/28/16
to Selenium Developers
Ah perfect. That'll save me a lot of work. Please ignore my email about silence: I sent that before I say your reply

Mark

Mark Charsley

Oct 28, 2016, 10:13:13 AM10/28/16
to Selenium Developers
Should I view the lack of replies as "no-one has any objections" or "no-one wants this"? :-)

Mark

Andreas Tolfsen

Oct 28, 2016, 11:13:23 AM10/28/16
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
"'Mark Charsley' via Selenium Developers"
<selenium-...@googlegroups.com> writes:

> Should I view the lack of replies as "no-one has any objections" or
> "no-one wants this"? :-)

This is probably something we would consider for the ‘level 2’ of the
W3C WebDriver specification.