Grid 2 testers

Kevin Menard

Apr 11, 2011, 6:09:38 PM4/11/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi all,

Francois and I spent a fair bit of time cleaning up grid over the past
week. I caught some blockers when deploying out to a staging
environment that should be fixed (I'll verify when I finally get home).
Undoubtedly there are others. If you're able to test grid out in a
staging environment, that'd be much appreciated.

Build Instructions
==================

$ ./go release

This will produce the following JAR that you'll want to run:

build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/selenium-standalone.jar

We want that basically to replace selenium-server-standalone.jar, but
there's some circular dependency nuttiness going on there. Help here
would be appreciated.

Running Grid 2
==============

Hub:

java -jar
build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/selenium-standalone.jar
-role hub [-port <port for hub>]

Se 1 RC Server:

java -jar
build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/selenium-standalone.jar
-role <remotecontrol | remote-control | rc> [-port <port for RC server>]

Se 2 WebDriver:

java -jar
build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/selenium-standalone.jar
-role <webdriver | wd>

There is virtually no control currently over how to specify the
browsers. So, that's something that obviously needs to be fixed. When
available, you'll be able to supply appropriate args.

Backwards Compatibility
=======================

Grid 2 is backwards-compatible with Grid 1 where it makes sense.
Whereas sensibility is defined as:

- Grid 2 hub can load Grid 1 config file off the classpath. You will
most likely have change your launch command to something like:

java -cp
/Users/nirvdrum/dev/workspaces-java/selenium:/Users/nirvdrum/dev/workspaces-java/selenium/build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/selenium-standalone.jar
org.openqa.grid.selenium.GridLauncher -role hub

- Grid 1 nodes can connect to Grid 2 hub and use the old environment strings

- Clients can connect to Grid 1 nodes through Grid 2 hub using the old
environment strings

We will not be supporting connecting Grid 2 nodes to a Grid 1 hub.

The level of support we provide basically allows you to upgrade your
cluster piecemeal. You start with the hub, which will provide you the
greatest set of benefits over Grid 1. From there you can start to
replace your Grid 1 nodes and swapping out your client code.

Conclusion
==========

If you made it this far you're a better person than me and you're
precisely the kind of person I hope will provide valuable feedback.
I'll be on IRC (handle: nirvdrum) if you run into problems getting going
-- or use the dev list for now. We're at a state where legitimate bugs
should go into the issue tracker. I'll make it a point to suck it up
and expose myself to that atrocity at least once a day.

Thanks,
Kevin

Simon Stewart

Apr 11, 2011, 11:36:32 PM4/11/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Menard
Good work. Great to see this in front of other people. If no-one else
steps in, I'll have a look at sorting out the circular dependencies
which I think are the root cause of the problems with
selenium-server-standalone.

Simon

François Reynaud

Apr 12, 2011, 3:01:13 AM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

the main circular dependency i had is gone.
SeleniumServer itself doesn't launch anything anymore.The main class is grid launcher, which in turn launches SeleniumServer.

thanks,
François

Dave Hunt

Apr 12, 2011, 7:44:45 AM4/12/11
to Selenium Developers
Thanks for the info. We don't have a staging environment at the moment
but I intend to set this up locally and run our tests through it.

It might be obvious, but to anyone not aware of the advantages of Grid
2.x could you detail the benefits of upgrading the hub to 2.x, even
when keeping the original 1.x nodes during migration?

Also, can a hub serve both 1.x and 2.x nodes simultaneously? This
would allow a team to migrate multiple projects over to the 2.x API
separately.

Thanks,
Dave.

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 12, 2011, 8:19:22 AM4/12/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

I'm getting a CapabilityNotPresentOnTheGridException when i use:

new RemoteWebDriver(new Uri(Configuration.GridHubUrl),
DesiredCapabilities.Firefox());

Am i supposed to use different DesiredCapabilities?

Kind regards,

Ivo Grootjes

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 12, 2011, 7:30:30 AM4/12/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

I've been waiting for this post :) I'll give it a go. Though when i
run go.bat release on my machine(win764) i get:

Zip: //java/client/src/org/openqa/selenium:client-combined:zip as build
\java\cli
ent\src\org\openqa\selenium\client-combined.zip
java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\..\build\java\server\src\org\openqa
\selenium\s
erver\server.zip (The system cannot find the path specified)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:238)
at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:1149)
go aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [cd build\java\server\src\org\openqa
\seleni...]

At that point the build/java/server/src/org/openqa/grid/selenium/
selenium-standalone.jar is built thought so i guess i can just
continue and ignore this build message.

On 12 apr, 09:01, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the main circular dependency i had is gone.
> SeleniumServer itself doesn't launch anything anymore.The main class is grid
> launcher, which in turn launches SeleniumServer.
>
> thanks,
> François
>
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Simon Stewart <simon.m.stew...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Good work. Great to see this in front of other people. If no-one else
> > steps in, I'll have a look at sorting out the circular dependencies
> > which I think are the root cause of the problems with
> > selenium-server-standalone.
>
> > Simon

Kevin Menard

Apr 12, 2011, 9:30:13 AM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Most of the new grid benefits to grid 1 users come in the form of the
hub. Out of the box, the immediate benefit you gain is more balanced
scheduling of work to the nodes. In grid 1 the work allocation occurs
in a strict priority queue fashion, where priority is dictated solely by
insertion order. An example illustrates a bit more:

*firefox => [host_a:5000, host_a:5001, host_b:5000]

Assuming that's the queue of scheduled work, when no work is being
performed and two requests come in at the same time, they'll both go to
host_a, even though splitting over host_a and host_b is likely to lead
to a better scenario. Worse is if three requests come in, each spread
out by a minute, they'll all go to host_a:5000 (assuming the work can
finish in < 1 min.). With Se RC servers leaking memory, host_a will
almost certainly degrade in performance at a much more rapid rate than
host_b, but host_a will still be given precedence in work allocation.

The grid 2 will distribute work load over nodes, regardless of queue
insertion order. And it will try to distribute over different hosts.

The other benefits all come if you decide to customize the hub via its
set of extensibility interfaces. Most of the interesting things you can
do with grid 2 occur at the hub level.

The hub can serve both grid 1 and grid 2 nodes. This is by design to
facilitate precisely the situation you raised: staging upgrades for
clusters with large numbers of nodes.

--
Kevin

François Reynaud

Apr 12, 2011, 9:33:27 AM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com, Kevin Menard
for using node 1.x , you have another thing to consider :

1- you can use a selenium1 node coming from the new grid jar : you will run selenium legacy protocol, and you have the advantage of being able to launch multiple browsers per RC. 1 proxy = 1 RC = 1 machine makes implementing virtualization listeners easy.So you can start playing around the listeners without migrating your tests yet.

2- you use a selenium1 node with 1 RC = 1 browser only. Implementing the listener for virtualization will imply keeping track of other proxies running on the same machine.I don't think it's worth it.

thanks,
François

Dave Hunt

Apr 12, 2011, 5:59:21 PM4/12/11
to Selenium Developers
What's the URL for the web console in Grid 2?

François Reynaud

Apr 12, 2011, 6:02:26 PM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
localhost:4444/grid/console

Alexei Barantsev

Apr 12, 2011, 6:25:54 PM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
localhost:4444/grid/console

I'm getting 403 Forbidden for Proxy on this address

Regards,
--
Alexei Barantsev
Software-Testing.Ru

Alexei Barantsev

Apr 12, 2011, 6:30:43 PM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting 403 Forbidden for Proxy on this address

Oh, I'm sorry, that was not the hub, but a node :(

Regards,
Alexei

Alexei Barantsev

Apr 12, 2011, 7:03:35 PM4/12/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
What's the URL to connect RemoteWebDriver to?

I have started the hub on the default 4444 port and try to connect to http://localhost:4444/wd/hub

    new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://localhost:4444/wd/hub"), DesiredCapabilities.firefox())

and the result is:

org.openqa.selenium.UnsupportedCommandException: <html>
<head>
<title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
</head>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 404</h2><pre>Not Found</pre>

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 12, 2011, 9:25:25 PM4/12/11
to Selenium Developers
i think it should be http://localhost:4444/grid/driver if you want to
communicate with the hub

On 13 apr, 01:03, Alexei Barantsev <baran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the URL to connect RemoteWebDriver to?
>
> I have started the hub on the default 4444 port and try to connect
> tohttp://localhost:4444/wd/hub

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 13, 2011, 9:27:51 PM4/13/11
to Selenium Developers
Using the latest version of .net bindings / grid im gettting
CapabilityNotPresentOnTheGridException again. When using the .net
bindings from beta3 with latest grid it works. ( trying to start a
remotewebdriver using firefox capabilities ).

The grid stacktrace is:

14-apr-2011 1:19:56 org.openqa.jetty.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
handle
SEVERE: /grid/driver/session:
org.openqa.grid.internal.exception.CapabilityNotPresentOnTheGridException:
canno
t find : {platform=null, javascriptEnabled=true, browserName=firefox,
version=}
at
org.openqa.grid.internal.Registry.addNewSessionRequest(Registry.java:
128)
at
org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.handler.RequestHandler.handleNewSession(R
equestHandler.java:186)
at
org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.handler.RequestHandler.process(RequestHan
dler.java:143)
at
org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.DriverServlet.process(DriverServlet.java:
63)
at
org.openqa.grid.web.servlet.DriverServlet.doPost(DriverServlet.java:5
3)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
727)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
820)
at
org.openqa.jetty.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.jav
a:428)
at
org.openqa.jetty.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebAppl
icationHandler.java:473)
at
org.openqa.jetty.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.j
ava:568)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:
1530)
at
org.openqa.jetty.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplic
ationContext.java:633)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:
1482)
at org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:
909)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)

at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:9
86)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
at
org.openqa.jetty.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.
java:243)
at
org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
at org.openqa.jetty.util.ThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)

Any clue?

On 13 apr, 03:25, Ivo Grootjes <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i think it should behttp://localhost:4444/grid/driverif you want to

François Reynaud

Apr 14, 2011, 6:43:42 AM4/14/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 14, 2011, 8:39:30 PM4/14/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

While constantly trying to get some test to work ( tests were ended
without calling quit() ) I noticed the following. Grid ran out of
available sessions, when looking at my console I saw 0 available
firefox drivers and 8 requests queued. It seems the remotewebdriver is
somehow unable to clean expired session. I found this in the
remotewebdriver log:

Exception in thread "DriverServlet Session Cleaner"
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectExce
ption: Connection to http://127.0.0.1:7056 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version:
'6.1', java.ver
sion: '1.6.0_24'
Driver info: driver.version: EventFiringWebDriver
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.SessionCleaner.checkExpiry(SessionC
leaner.java:70)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.SessionCleaner.run(SessionCleaner.j
ava:43)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
org.apache.http.conn.HttpHost
ConnectException: Connection to http://127.0.0.1:7056 refused
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version:
'6.1', java.ver
sion: '1.6.0_24'
Driver info: driver.version: EventFiringWebDriver
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.ja
va:406)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.ja
va:413)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.quit(RemoteWebDriver.java:
284)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver
$2.invoke(Even
tFiringWebDriver.java:77)
at $Proxy1.quit(Unknown Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.support.events.EventFiringWebDriver.quit(EventFir
ingWebDriver.java:167)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.handler.DeleteSession.call(DeleteSe
ssion.java:38)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.SessionCleaner.checkExpiry(SessionC
leaner.java:66)
... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection
to http://1
27.0.0.1:7056 refused
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnect
ion(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:159)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.ja
va:149)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPool
edConnAdapter.java:108)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultReq
uestDirector.java:415)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpCl
ient.java:641)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.fallBackExecute(HttpCo
mmandExecutor.java:272)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExe
cutor.java:252)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.ex
ecute(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:123)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver
$LazyCommandExecutor.execute
(FirefoxDriver.java:256)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.ja
va:389)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.ReusingSocketSocketFactory.connectSocket(R
eusingSocketSocketFactory.java:122)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnect
ion(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:133)
... 21 more

I'm not exactly sure where http://127.0.0.1:7056 is coming from, my
remotewebdriver runs at localhost:5555 and my grid runs on localhost:
4444

Also, when I try to start another test my test fails with a timeout
when requesting a session, as if no more requests can be queued. I'm
not sure why 8 requests could be queued and after that it starts
giving timeouts. I haven't verified if this is constant behaviour,
probably not.

Regards,

Ivo

On 14 apr, 12:43, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> should be fixed byhttp://code.google.com/p/selenium/source/detail?r=12015
> > > i think it should behttp://localhost:4444/grid/driverifyou want to

Simon Stewart

Apr 15, 2011, 4:14:36 AM4/15/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
The API is clear: you must call quit to release the resources being
used by the driver instance. I believe the Grid reclaims idle nodes
after a certain amount of time, but won't solve your immediate
problem.

Simon

François Reynaud

Apr 15, 2011, 8:23:27 AM4/15/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
grid had a bug in the session cleanup. The default timeout was 30000sec instead of 30sec.
Should be fixed now.

Ivo Grootjes

Apr 15, 2011, 11:24:55 AM4/15/11
to Selenium Developers
It seems when creating lots of remotewebdrivers from .Net grid has a
problem queing requests. According to Francois this does not happen
from java. I've created an issue for this, it's not a blocking issue
for me but there's probably some strange bug.
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1558

On 15 apr, 14:23, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> grid had a bug in the session cleanup. The default timeout was 30000sec
> instead of 30sec.
> Should be fixed now.
>
> > > I'm not exactly sure wherehttp://127.0.0.1:7056is coming from, my
>
> meer lezen »

Mikhail Holovaty

Apr 29, 2011, 6:39:38 AM4/29/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does Grid2 support HtmlUnit?

I got the following exception when tried to invoke script with htmlunit browser

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:

Error 500 cannot find : {platform=ANY, browserName=htmlunit, version=}
RequestURI=/grid/driver/session

Grid2 console shows only the following capabilities
Supports up to 5 concurrent tests from :
{platform=XP, browserName=firefox, version=}
{platform=XP, browserName=firefox, version=}
{platform=XP, browserName=firefox, version=}
{platform=XP, browserName=firefox, version=}
{platform=XP, browserName=firefox, version=}
{platform=XP, ensureCleanSession=true, browserName=internet explorer, version=}
{platform=XP, browserName=chrome, version=10.0}

Thanks,
Mikhail

Alexei Barantsev

May 4, 2011, 1:33:15 PM5/4/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Regards,
--
Alexei Barantsev
Software-Testing.Ru

François Reynaud

May 4, 2011, 5:18:54 PM5/4/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

by default, grid is launched with FF , IE and chrome suppoert. This is the default. You can modify the supported browsers by using the -browser option.

Grid itself doesn't add or remove any browser support. Anything you run using RemoteWebDriver can be used in grid.

thanks
François

sebarmeli

May 5, 2011, 9:34:01 PM5/5/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi François,

any idea on when Grid 2 will be released or at least will go into
beta?

Cheers,

On May 5, 7:18 am, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com>

François Reynaud

May 9, 2011, 8:47:33 AM5/9/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

you should already be able to use it. If you build from source ( ./go release ), you 'll get /buid/dist/selenium-server-standalone-{version}.jar and that contains grid.

thanks,
François

Dave Hunt

May 10, 2011, 8:26:51 AM5/10/11
to Selenium Developers
Let me know if you want me to start this as a new thread, but I have
some issues/questions regarding RC 1.x support in Grid 2.x

At the moment I can only run our existing setup with a Grid 2.0 hub if
I continue to launch RC using Grid 1.0.8 and RC 2.0b3. This is due to
2.x not supporting the -hubURL or -env arguments. I believe I can use -
hub in place of -hubURL, but are there any plans on supporting -env?
This would be a useful way to allow users to upgrade to 2.x latest but
then migrate their tests over to the webdriver API before taking full
advantage of 2.x

Another drawback of using 1.0.8 and 2.0b3 is that I can't specify a -
maxConcurrent, which if I understand it correctly would be very useful
(essential?) for parallelisation.

Cheers,
Dave

On May 9, 1:47 pm, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,

robbiewinston

May 10, 2011, 11:27:37 AM5/10/11
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

We've got the grid up and running across our network, and it's great.
However, we are having a problem with firefox profiles (both 3.6 &
4.0);

When using the standalone-server.jar (both attached to a grid and as a
replacement for selenium-server-standalone), the Firefox browser
always opens in "first-time" mode, and displays the " Would you like
to make it your default browser?" dialog box. However, if the selenium-
server-standalone is used instead on the same PC, Firefox opens as
normal.

Looking in the temporary profile folder, the values in user.js do not
seem to be picked up when viewing about:config. I assume that
webdriver creates the user.js file in order to override pref.js?

On a slightly different matter, using "setPreference" on the
FirefoxProfile object doesn't appear to be making it's way to
user.js. I assumed that these would.

Example code;

FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
profile.setPreference("startup.homepage_welcome_url", "http://
www.google.com");
capabilities = DesiredCapabilities.firefox();
capabilities.setCapability(FirefoxDriver.PROFILE, profile);

WebDriver driver = new RemoteWebDriver(url, capabilities);

Ivo Grootjes

May 11, 2011, 9:41:07 AM5/11/11
to Selenium Developers
robbie,

This is a RemoteWebDriver issue not a grid issue.

Issue 1579 and 1593 are related issues.

Maybe you should start a new thread about this.

On May 10, 5:27 pm, robbiewinston <wareham.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've got the grid up and running across our network, and it's great.
> However, we are having a problem with firefox profiles (both 3.6 &
> 4.0);
>
> When using the standalone-server.jar (both attached to a grid and as a
> replacement for selenium-server-standalone), the Firefox browser
> always opens in "first-time" mode, and displays the " Would you like
> to make it your default browser?" dialog box. However, if the selenium-
> server-standalone is used instead on the same PC, Firefox opens as
> normal.
>
> Looking in the temporary profile folder, the values in user.js do not
> seem to be picked up when viewing about:config.  I assume that
> webdriver creates the user.js file in order to override pref.js?
>
> On a slightly different matter, using "setPreference" on the
> FirefoxProfile object doesn't appear to be making it's way to
> user.js.  I assumed that these would.
>
> Example code;
>
> FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
>                         profile.setPreference("startup.homepage_welcome_url", "http://www.google.com");

François Reynaud

May 11, 2011, 9:41:21 AM5/11/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
You should use selenium-server-standalone{version}.jar with grid.
It has the launcher for the nodes.

Ivo Grootjes

May 11, 2011, 10:28:58 AM5/11/11
to Selenium Developers
the tests in CopyProfileTest are failing right now, they used to work
like a month ago

On May 9, 2:47 pm, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,

robbiewinston

May 11, 2011, 11:00:48 AM5/11/11
to Selenium Developers
Ivo,

If this is a RemoteWebdriver issue, how come it works when I use
selenium-server-standalone-2.0b3.jar?

Thanks

Robbie

robbiewinston

May 11, 2011, 10:59:18 AM5/11/11
to Selenium Developers
Francois,

Are you saying that elenium-server-standalone{version}.jar should be
used to attach machines to the grid rather than server-standalone.jar?
I've experimented with this, and can't get it to work.

Thanks

Robbie

On May 11, 2:41 pm, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> You should use selenium-server-standalone{version}.jar with grid.
> It has the launcher for the nodes.

Ivo Grootjes

May 12, 2011, 11:01:58 AM5/12/11
to Selenium Developers
Robbie,

What version of selenium-standalone are you using? a trunk build? If
that is the case then the issue you describe is caused by a change to
FirefoxProfile.java after beta 3 was released. See
http://groups.google.com/group/selenium-developers/browse_thread/thread/26115ec585baef9d

robbiewinston

May 12, 2011, 11:10:12 AM5/12/11
to Selenium Developers

Ivo,

Yes, we have got the build from trunk. Where can we get the beta 3
version from?

Thanks

Robbie

On May 12, 4:01 pm, Ivo Grootjes <ivo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robbie,
>
> What version of selenium-standalone are you using? a trunk build? If
> that is the case then the issue you describe is caused by a change to
> FirefoxProfile.java after beta 3 was released. Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/selenium-developers/browse_thread/thre...

François Reynaud

May 13, 2011, 8:11:18 AM5/13/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

Ivo Grootjes

May 13, 2011, 8:18:09 AM5/13/11
to Selenium Developers
So Robbie,

If you want to use grid 2.0 it's best to revert FirefoxProfile.java to
the previous version and then build. That will result in a selenium-
standalone which works. You'll have to do that untill a decent fix for
FirefoxProfile exists.

On May 13, 2:11 pm, François Reynaud <francois.reyn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> http://code.google.com/p/selenium/downloads/list

ravi gill

May 13, 2011, 11:33:14 AM5/13/11
to Selenium Developers
Any hint on when the new Grid will be releases? and or any
predictions?

wrote:
> Hello,

Simon Stewart