Issue 1761 in selenium: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't start in windows 7 x64

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 5, 2011, 2:55:41 PM6/5/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 1761 by dfec...@gmail.com: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't start in
windows 7 x64
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1761

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. I've installed the latest selenium server to my C: drive
2. C:\Selenium\selenium-2.0rc2
3. I start it with:
java -jar selenium-server-2.0rc2.jar -timeout 50000 -browserSideLog
-port 4444
4. It reports no log data and finally times out with:

org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.log.LoggingManager.configureLogging(LoggingManager.java:49)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.<init>(SeleniumServer.java:228)
at
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer.main(SeleniumServer.java:200)
at org.openqa.grid.selenium.GridLauncher.main(GridLauncher.java:30)
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
... 16 more

I'm running it on Windows 7 x64

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 5, 2011, 2:59:45 PM6/5/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 1761 by dfec...@gmail.com: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't

Oh and I've searched high and low for any other failure reports regarding
selenium-server-2.0rc2 and haven't found anything related at all.

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 5, 2011, 5:19:34 PM6/5/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 1761 by baran...@gmail.com: selenium-server-2.0rc2

Download and use selenium-server-standalone:
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/downloads/detail?name=selenium-server-standalone-2.0rc2.jar

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 6, 2011, 1:08:12 AM6/6/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 1761 by dfec...@gmail.com: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't

I downloaded standalone and it seems to work, there's still a long delay
before the server log starts reporting anything, but it seems to work. I
was also able to get it to work with Selenium-RC 1.0.3.

Thanks, Now I need ot figure out Flash-Selenium... :-)

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 12, 2011, 1:24:24 PM6/12/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #4 on issue 1761 by simon.m.stewart: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't

Sounds like this issue is fixed. Marking as such, but please reopen if
there are more problems.

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 13, 2011, 1:32:30 AM6/13/11
to selenium-deve...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 1761 by dfec...@gmail.com: selenium-server-2.0rc2 won't

selenium-server-standalone-2.0rc2.jar - This is the version that is working
for me. So yes issue is closed.