Issue 6955 in selenium: Firefox browser hangs during testing

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2014, 9:12:29 AM2/6/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium Status-Untriaged

New issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I have a test written in C# (run from Nunit), using C# Webdriver version
2.39.0

When I ran the test using the latest version of firefox ( 27 ), the test
gets so far, and then the browser just hangs ( and eventually the test
times out). This is reproducible and it always stops in the same place. I
removed the "click" where it was hanging to see if that was the problem,
but the test stopped at the next step instead.

I went back to FF Version 26, and it consistently stops at the same place,
but earlier on in the test compared to version 27.

Tried FF version 25 .. same problem, but stops in a different place.

Went back to FF version 24 .. tests goes successfully all the way through
as expected.
Same for version 23 and 22.

The same test using the latest Chrome and IE, it goes successfully all the
way through to end.

Must be some issue introduced in FF version 25, which is still in Version
27.

Selenium version: 2.39.0
OS: Windows 7
Browser: Firefox
Browser version: Works in version 22, 23 and 24. Browser hangs in version
25, 26 and 27

issue notifications to this address.

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 6, 2014, 2:27:16 PM2/6/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: Browser-Firefox

Comment #1 on issue 6955 by barancev: Firefox browser hangs during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Please provide a complete executable scenario and a complete sample page to
reproduce the issue.

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:08:20 AM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

This is only happening when testing an internal website, so unable to
reproduce a complete sample page.

Have a cut down test which reproduces the problem .. effectively, pressing
the same form button over and over again, which results in a page refresh.
Gets to about the 9th or 10th press then the browser hangs. This happens
every time. Downgrading to FF 24 stops the problem.

Test source code attached.

Results in this dump:

at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.CreateResponse(WebRequest
request) in
c:\Projects\WebDriver\trunk\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\HttpCommandExecutor.cs:line
152
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String
driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters) in
c:\Projects\WebDriver\trunk\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\RemoteWebDriver.cs:line
836
at SeleniumTest.TheTestFixture.TheTest() in c:\users\as\documents\visual
studio 2010\Projects\SeleniumTest\SeleniumTest\Class1.cs:line 58
--WebException
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.CreateResponse(WebRequest
request) in
c:\Projects\WebDriver\trunk\dotnet\src\webdriver\Remote\HttpCommandExecutor.cs:line
142

Attachments:
Class1.cs 1.3 KB

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:27:14 AM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I wonder if this is a similar issue ... certainly sounds like it

https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=5071

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:29:55 AM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I wonder if this is a similar issue, although in my case, the click should
refresh the page immediately, as there's not much going on server side when
the button is pressed.

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:34:16 AM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I notice that 2.40 is mentioned in the C# Webdriver release notes, but the
download is 2.39

http://selenium.googlecode.com/git/dotnet/CHANGELOG

When is 2.40 due to be released?

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 10:52:27 AM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Status-Untriaged

Comment #6 on issue 6955 by james.h....@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Thank you for the C# code. Unfortunately, without a page to test against,
it's of limited utility in reproducing and fixing this issue.

Please note that the change log is not equivalent to release notes for
the .NET bindings. The project, as a general rule, does not comment on
release dates for future versions. 2.40.0 will be available when the code
has had sufficient testing to warrant a release.

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2014, 12:17:41 PM2/10/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I have tracked the problem down.

It is the inclusion of this line in the HTML which causes it.

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-1.10.1.min.js"></script>

All code required to reproduce problem is attached.

Note: If I move up to jquery-1.11.0 the problem goes away !

Attachments:
index.html 238 bytes
Class1.cs 1.4 KB
jquery-1.10.1.min.js 90.9 KB

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 11, 2014, 6:10:50 AM3/11/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 6955 by nilesh.z...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I am also facing the same issue using the latest version of firefox 27 and
26, the test gets so far, and then the browser just hangs ( and eventually
the test times out).

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 14, 2014, 6:29:02 AM3/14/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #9 on issue 6955 by dr29b...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

The same problem occurs with FF 27.0.1 + java based project.
Test hangs on driver.quit().
Windows Task Manager displays that firefox process wich comsumes 27MB of
memory. It's strange because usually FF takes 120MB+

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 14, 2014, 12:41:03 PM3/14/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 6955 by cbaqu...@temperies.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I'm facing the same problem. I have picked the element using a
WaitCondition and the element is there, but the click just hangs...

The execution finishes because the wait for page loading times out on
Selenium, but I'm not getting any exceptions that I can catch in my code.

Any workaround to get this working?

Thanks,
Carolina.-

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 14, 2014, 12:42:03 PM3/14/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #11 on issue 6955 by cbaqu...@temperies.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I'm running Selenium 2.40.0 and Firefox 27.

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 27, 2014, 11:14:20 AM3/27/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #12 on issue 6955 by padder...@googlemail.com: Firefox browser
I have the same scenario like described by dr29b...
I think it appeared the first time on my side when i changed my ff version

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 31, 2014, 2:33:21 AM3/31/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #13 on issue 6955 by padder...@googlemail.com: Firefox browser
after updating to 2.41 and to FF28 it seems to work again.

sele...@googlecode.com

Apr 1, 2014, 11:17:16 AM4/1/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #14 on issue 6955 by jan.jade...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I also have the problem with freezing Firefox 28 and lower versions down to
24 (24 works fine)
I tried to upgrade Selenium to 2.41.0 as well, but unfortunately it didn't
help me.

My current setup is:
Windows 7
Firefox 28
Selenium 2.41.0 using python bindings (python 2.7.5)

Flow is:
1. ...more steps
2. locate the "a" element using driver.find_element_by_link_text()
3. click on the element using element.click() -> Firefox freezes, but
element.click() method apparently ends without any exception
4. next driver.find_element_by_id() is executed and it hangs there.

What is really unfortunate is that I haven't been able to reproduce the
problem with pure python script so far (I wanted to attach it here).
I use selenium inside my own testing framework which also uses pypi behave
package - but IMHO it shouldn't matter to the issue of freezing Firefox.

The website under test uses jquery of similar version as mentioned by
alans1... - so far it seems to me that it could be related to his issue.
alans1...: Could you please check if Selenium upgrade to 2.41.0 helps to
solve your problem?

sele...@googlecode.com

Apr 2, 2014, 6:20:09 AM4/2/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #15 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

The problem went away for me when I started using jquery 1.11 instead of
1.10 ( I was using Selenium 2.39 at the time )

I've since upgraded to Selenium 2.40 and then to 2.41 without any issues,
so for me, version 1.10 of jquery was causing the problem.

sele...@googlecode.com

Apr 2, 2014, 6:21:09 AM4/2/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #16 on issue 6955 by alans1...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

The problem went away for me when I started using jquery 1.11 instead of
1.10 ( I was using Selenium 2.39 at the time )

I've since upgraded to Selenium 2.40 and then to 2.41 without any issues,
so for me, version 1.10 of jquery was causing the problem.

I am also using Firefox 28

sele...@googlecode.com

May 13, 2014, 10:06:50 AM5/13/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #17 on issue 6955 by pand...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I was having this problem as well. Upgrading to Firefox 29 fixed the issue.

sele...@googlecode.com

May 16, 2014, 2:45:50 PM5/16/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #18 on issue 6955 by alejandr...@studentuniverse.com: Firefox
I am able to reproduce the issue here and there. Usually clearing the temp
directory fixes the issue.

type %temp% on windows explorer, then delete all

sele...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2014, 6:06:05 PM5/29/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #19 on issue 6955 by AdamJaso...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

How long does the problem go away for if you clear the temp folder?

I just upgraded to the newest version of selenium grid / selenium for java
(2.42) and I've run into this issue on Firefox 28 and Firefox 29. For no
reason the following moveToElement method call seems to hang. As soon as I
refresh the page (after it sat stuck for over an hour), I get a
StaleElementReferenceException and the test fails out. Any ideas why this
could be happening? Its happening quite frequently for me. I had 40 tests
running on the grid and 9 were locked up, 1 was Firefox 29, the rest were
Firefox 28. Heres the code that was hung up (on moveToElement)

Actions mouseMoveAction = new Actions(driver);
WebElement page = driver.findElement(By.tagName("html"));

int yOffset = page.getSize().getHeight();

mouseMoveAction.moveToElement(page,0,yOffset-10).perform();

sele...@googlecode.com

May 29, 2014, 6:09:07 PM5/29/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #20 on issue 6955 by AdamJaso...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Update:

On one of my 9 hung up browsers, I decided to do the following:

Right Click Page -> View Source, Start searching for jquery includes. Long
behold the test starts up against right where it left off over an hour and
a half ago. This is bizarre.

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2014, 1:08:05 PM6/3/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #21 on issue 6955 by jef...@mavericklabel.com: Firefox browser
Experiencing this as well. Test just hangs, yet *usually* if I create a
new tab and close the hung one, the test will resume in the new tab.

I never get a timeout, btw. I've had the test hang over a weekend and it
will still continue if I follow the above procedure.

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2014, 1:38:21 PM6/3/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #22 on issue 6955 by AdamJaso...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Mine also hang indefinitely. The test will just hang on random click,
findElement, findElements, isDisplayed call etc commands until I refresh
the browser. Only seems to happen with RemoteWebDriver on the Grid. Are you
using the JavascriptExecutor at all (executeScript method). I've found
other bugs where people are claiming this is whats causing the hang ups in
Firefox. Do you have any creative workarounds yet?

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2014, 2:05:03 PM6/3/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #23 on issue 6955 by jef...@mavericklabel.com: Firefox browser
I'm using Geb; offhand I don't know if it's using the JS executor, though I
am making some calls through Geb to jquery, so possibly.

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 18, 2014, 11:00:21 AM6/18/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #24 on issue 6955 by phas...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I"m also seeing this. It causes quite a headache when I run hundreds of
tests against a single node in a night and on the 10th test it stops up
like this...

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 18, 2014, 11:23:41 AM6/18/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #25 on issue 6955 by phas...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I should mention I'm on FF 29/30 with selenium 2.42.2

sele...@googlecode.com

Jun 26, 2014, 9:06:12 AM6/26/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #26 on issue 6955 by asad...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I have similar problem. But solved it by cutting down tests names.

I have configured cucumber to uses selenium (like
http://www.solutionsiq.com/agile-software-development-bdd-with-spock-and-selenium/).
Our jenkins executes test and hangs. I discover that if test name is 256
chars long, jenkins no hangs, if test name is 274 long jenskins hangs.

As using cucumber test names are generated from exaples so my name loosk
like:
"| Spr apartura_0XX{seed} | XY123_XX {seed}| Podlega amortyzacji |
2014-02-27 | 1223 | 2014-02-27 | Aparatura | testowa dodana
inwestycja_{seed} | 2014-02-05 | 2015-02-05 | informacje dodatkowe | 200000
| W realizacji | ala | ela_i_e |
"
Maybye this helps

sele...@googlecode.com

Jul 21, 2014, 7:59:33 AM7/21/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #27 on issue 6955 by perwez...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I am facing the same with firfox V-30 and java 2.42 version . This issue
occurs when finding the element by tagName then the browser gets hanged .

My code
==========
List<WebElement>
feeds=driver.findElements(By.cssSelector("li[id^='feed']"));

WebElement el=feeds.get(0);
WebElement l=el.findElement(By.className("feed_main_content"));
WebElement nam=l.findElement(By.linkText("Koichi Enomoto"));
System.out.println("link name"+nam.getText());
nam.click();

I had never faced this issue before but in this version only facing this
problem , Please can anyone tell how to solve this issue .

Thanks

sele...@googlecode.com

Jul 24, 2014, 6:06:50 AM7/24/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #28 on issue 6955 by adrian.k...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Same problem here:

Selenium (Python) version: 2.39.0, 2.42.1
OS: Windows 7 32 Bit
Browser: Firefox 30, 31

When trying with Firefox 24 ESR, it works...

sele...@googlecode.com

Jul 26, 2014, 4:52:59 AM7/26/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #29 on issue 6955 by johnsond...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

For Free Browser Tech Support Contact Us: 1-800-935-0537
http://computertechsupport.us/

sele...@googlecode.com

Jul 29, 2014, 5:59:57 AM7/29/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #30 on issue 6955 by 91praty...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I am having the same issue as well. I am using FF23 and webDriver with java
v 2.39.

Firefox just hangs at random points like driver.navigate().refresh(). Or
sometimes even while executing FindElement() or click() methods. It's a
very bugging issue. Can anyone please suggest any workaround?

sele...@googlecode.com

Jul 29, 2014, 10:53:19 AM7/29/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #31 on issue 6955 by cap...@zeoalliance.com: Firefox browser hangs

#16 alans1...@gmail.com
#The problem went away for me when I started using jquery 1.11 instead of
1.10 ( I was #using Selenium 2.39 at the time )

For me this also help, so just use new version of jquery

sele...@googlecode.com

Aug 12, 2014, 8:55:54 AM8/12/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #32 on issue 6955 by MarkSt...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Same problem here (java selenium 2.42.2+ff31.0), running against paypal
sandbox express checkout customer workflow. No problems up until yesterday
or so. Now the stacktrace shows that the test hangs while the selenium
client tries to read from the firefox driver:
SocketInputStream.socketRead0, called from findElements(By.xpath(...)). It
seems paypal has done some changes to their sandbox environment during that
time frame but I don't know how often they do that, so it could be just
coincidence. However, I don't remember changing anything on my side and the
tests were absolutely stable before....

sele...@googlecode.com

Aug 12, 2014, 9:13:25 AM8/12/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #33 on issue 6955 by MarkSt...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Also tried ff 17 and 24, not working, hangs at exactly the same location.

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 1, 2014, 7:00:57 AM9/1/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #34 on issue 6955 by mailforp...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Same problem here, using (java 1.7 + Selenium 2.41 + FF 31.0)

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 8, 2014, 1:59:26 AM9/8/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #35 on issue 6955 by mailforp...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I investigated the issue and came to know that the culprit is below
java-script wait condition in my case. So I replace this method and it
worked for me. But it is really strange.

public void untilPageIsLoaded() {
ExpectedCondition<Boolean> condition = new
ExpectedCondition<Boolean>() {
public Boolean apply(WebDriver driver) {
return ((JavascriptExecutor) driver).executeScript("return
document.readyState").equals("complete");
}
};
WebDriverWait wait = new WebDriverWait(driver, timeout);
wait.until(condition);

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 8, 2014, 8:41:48 AM9/8/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #36 on issue 6955 by alejandr...@studentuniverse.com: Firefox
on reply to comment #35, what did you replace with what? (did you remove
the code above?) I have similar code and have the same issue

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 8, 2014, 8:46:10 AM9/8/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #37 on issue 6955 by mailforp...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Yes I removed Java script based wait method and it worked for me. But I
could find any better replacement method which can ensure complete page
load.

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 8, 2014, 8:50:22 AM9/8/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #38 on issue 6955 by mailforp...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Yes I removed Java script based wait method and it worked for me.But I
could not find any other better replacement of Java script based wait
method which can ensure complete page load. If you find any better
replacement please share it.

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 11, 2014, 2:53:32 AM9/11/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #39 on issue 6955 by lavanya....@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I was also facing same issue with selenium 2.41 and 2.42 with FF32

Firefox version 32.0 not supported with Selenium Java 2.42.2.

Please help

org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to
host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:
0417561405 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Opening XPI database
/tmp/anonymous7202138259549497806webdriver-profile/extensions.json
1410417561406 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on fxdr...@googlecode.com installed
in app-profile
*** Blocklist::_loadBlocklistFromFile: blocklist is disabled
1410417561415 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-profile:fxdr...@googlecode.com visible
1410417561415 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561416 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561416 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on
langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org installed in app-global
1410417561420 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-global:langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org visible
1410417561420 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561420 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561422 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on
langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org installed in app-global
1410417561425 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-global:langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org visible
1410417561426 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561426 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561426 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} installed in app-global
1410417561427 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-global:{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} visible
1410417561427 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561428 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561428 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on ubu...@ubuntu.com installed in
app-system-share
1410417561429 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-system-share:ubu...@ubuntu.com visible
1410417561429 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561429 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1410417561431 addons.xpi DEBUG Updating database with changes to installed
add-ons
1410417561431 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Updating add-on states
1410417561431 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Writing add-ons list
1410417562043 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Starting timer
1410417562071 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Starting write
1410417562075 addons.manager DEBUG shutdown
1410417562076 addons.xpi DEBUG shutdown
1410417562076 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG shutdown
1410417562106 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Write succeeded
1410417562106 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG XPI Database saved, setting schema
version preference to 16
1410417562107 addons.xpi DEBUG Notifying XPI shutdown observers
1410417562108 addons.manager DEBUG Async provider shutdown done
1410417562506 addons.manager DEBUG Loaded provider scope for
resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm: ["XPIProvider"]
1410417562507 addons.manager DEBUG Loaded provider scope for
resource://gre/modules/LightweightThemeManager.jsm:
["LightweightThemeManager"]
1410417562508 addons.xpi DEBUG startup
1410417562509 addons.xpi INFO Mapping ubu...@ubuntu.com to
/usr/share/mozilla/extensions/{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}/ubu...@ubuntu.com
1410417562509 addons.xpi INFO Mapping langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org to
/usr/lib/firefox/browser/extensions/langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi
1410417562509 addons.xpi INFO Mapping langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org to
/usr/lib/firefox/browser/extensions/langpac...@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi
1410417562509 addons.xpi INFO Mapping
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} to
/usr/lib/firefox/browser/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
1410417562509 addons.xpi DEBUG Ignoring file entry whose name is not a
valid add-on ID:
/tmp/anonymous7202138259549497806webdriver-profile/extensions/webdriver-staging
1410417562510 addons.xpi INFO Mapping fxdr...@googlecode.com to
/tmp/anonymous7202138259549497806webdriver-profile/extensions/fxdr...@googlecode.com
1410417562510 addons.xpi DEBUG checkForChanges
1410417562512 addons.xpi DEBUG No changes found
*** Blocklist::_preloadBlocklistFile: blocklist is disabled
JavaScript error: chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml, line 677:
aUrl is undefined
JavaScript error: chrome://browser/content/urlbarBindings.xml, line 677:
aUrl is undefined

Anybody help me for the above error

at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:118)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:246)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:114)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:193)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:186)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:182)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:95)
at links.test.main(test.java:10)
Exception in thread "main" org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed
to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(/usr/bin/firefox) on port 7055; process
output follows:
[...]

Build info: version: '2.41.0', revision: '3192d8a', time: '2014-03-27
17:18:15'
System info: host: 'ihub-Vostro-3800', ip: '127.0.1.1', os.name: 'Linux',
os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '3.5.0-49-generic', java.version: '1.6.0_31'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:130)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:246)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:114)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:193)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:186)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:182)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:95)
at links.test.main(test.java:10)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to
[...]

... 7 more

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 11, 2014, 2:54:56 AM9/11/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #40 on issue 6955 by lavanya....@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 13, 2014, 7:32:41 AM9/13/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

sele...@googlecode.com

Sep 25, 2014, 11:08:34 AM9/25/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #42 on issue 6955 by rakeshko...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

download selenium-server-standalone-2.43.1 it will work

sele...@googlecode.com

Oct 17, 2014, 1:58:43 AM10/17/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #43 on issue 6955 by honza....@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Even after upgrade to version 2.43.1 I'm still getting the freezing
behavior whenever I click the button / link of the form:

<a onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to logout?')" ... >

and then try to switch to alert.

The freezes are firefox-specific and I am getting them no matter what
firefox version I use (we must test with firefox ESR version 17, 24, 31).

Here's the relevant part of the stacktrace obtained by jstack on the frozen
process:

"Forwarding getAlertText on session dc048f47-096d-4e43-a979-77bc0719247e to
remote" prio=10 tid=0xb6606400 nid=0x46c runnable [0xb680e000]
java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
at
org.apache.http.impl.io.SessionInputBufferImpl.streamRead(SessionInputBufferImpl.java:136)
at
org.apache.http.impl.io.SessionInputBufferImpl.fillBuffer(SessionInputBufferImpl.java:152)
at
org.apache.http.impl.io.SessionInputBufferImpl.readLine(SessionInputBufferImpl.java:270)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:140)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:57)
at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:260)
at
org.apache.http.impl.DefaultBHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultBHttpClientConnection.java:161)
at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.CPoolProxy.receiveResponseHeader(CPoolProxy.java:153)
at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:271)
at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:123)
at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:254)
at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:195)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:86)
at
org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:108)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:184)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:72)
at
org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:57)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.fallBackExecute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:215)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:184)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.execute(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:165)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver$LazyCommandExecutor.execute(FirefoxDriver.java:362)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:572)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:614)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver$RemoteTargetLocator.alert(RemoteWebDriver.java:899)
at
at
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.proxy.GrapheneProxyHandler.invokeReal(GrapheneProxyHandler.java:130)
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.proxy.GrapheneContextualHandler$1.invoke(GrapheneContextualHandler.java:159)
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.proxy.GrapheneContextualHandler$2.call(GrapheneContextualHandler.java:209)
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.context.BrowserActions.performAction(BrowserActions.java:62)
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.proxy.GrapheneContextualHandler.invoke(GrapheneContextualHandler.java:205)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy38.alert(Unknown Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.ExpectedConditions$23.apply(ExpectedConditions.java:693)
at
org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.ExpectedConditions$23.apply(ExpectedConditions.java:689)
at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.FluentWait.until(FluentWait.java:208)
at
org.jboss.arquillian.graphene.wait.WebDriverWaitImpl.until(WebDriverWaitImpl.java:102)
at
org.jboss.qa.brms.tools.GrapheneExtension.acceptAlertContaining(GrapheneExtension.java:1487)
at org.jboss.qa.bpms.bam.mainpage.AdminBar.deletePage(AdminBar.java:190)

sele...@googlecode.com

Oct 17, 2014, 5:37:51 AM10/17/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #44 on issue 6955 by honza....@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

Additional info to comment #43: I was able to temporarily work around the
issue by "disabling" alerts in the page (by redefining window.confirm
function) by executing the folowing javascript using JavascriptExecutor:

"window.confirm = function confirm(msg) {return true;}"

Once this is done there is no longer need to switch to alerts and the
browser no longer freezes during tests.

sele...@googlecode.com

Dec 1, 2014, 8:43:25 AM12/1/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #45 on issue 6955 by michael....@ticketmaster.com: Firefox browser
I too am getting the above mentioned error:

Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Apps\Mozilla
Firefox\33.1\FireFox.exe) on port 7055

I've just updated my automation environment to Selenium 2.44 and FireFox
33.1 and now, seemingly randomly, I get the following error message:

Note: I was previously running with Selenium 2.42.2 and FireFox 29 and all
was good.

(I was logging in Issue 7954 but this got closed???)

I have gone through all of my test environments and have recreated my
FireFox default profiles (using "FireFox.exe -p") and this nearly fixed the
problem. Instead of my FireFox tests failing at 95% they now fail at about
5% with theis error.

Michael

sele...@googlecode.com

Dec 2, 2014, 5:00:57 PM12/2/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #46 on issue 6955 by fscofi...@cbinsights.com: Firefox browser
Also getting a similar error.

Running Firefox 35.0.5 and Selenium Python 2.43.0

When driver.execute_script FF hangs indefinitely.

Updating selenium to 2.44 didn't fix this issue.

sele...@googlecode.com

Dec 3, 2014, 7:11:07 AM12/3/14
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #47 on issue 6955 by michael....@ticketmaster.com: Firefox browser
Here's the complete error and stack I am getting:

Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Apps\Mozilla
Firefox\33.1\FireFox.exe) on port 7055; process output follows:
1417560826531 addons.manager DEBUG Application has been upgraded
1417560826555 addons.manager DEBUG Loaded provider scope for
resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm: ["XPIProvider"]
1417560826558 addons.manager DEBUG Loaded provider scope for
resource://gre/modules/LightweightThemeManager.jsm:
["LightweightThemeManager"] 1417560826565 addons.xpi DEBUG startup
1417560826567 addons.xpi DEBUG Skipping unavailable install location
app-system-local 1417560826567 addons.xpi DEBUG Skipping unavailable
install location app-system-share 1417560826569 addons.xpi INFO Mapping
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} to C:\Apps\Mozilla
Firefox\33.1\browser\extensions\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
1417560826571 addons.xpi INFO Mapping fxdr...@googlecode.com to
C:\Users\AUTOMA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\extensions\fxdr...@googlecode.com
1417560826572 addons.xpi INFO Mapping JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com to
C:\Users\AUTOMA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\extensions\JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com
1417560826572 addons.xpi DEBUG Ignoring file entry whose name is not a
valid add-on ID:
C:\Users\AUTOMA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\extensions\webdriver-staging
1417560826573 addons.xpi DEBUG checkForChanges 1417560826601 addons.xpi
DEBUG Directory state JSON differs: cache [] state
[{"name":"app-global","addons":{"{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}":{"descriptor":"C:\\Apps\\Mozilla
Firefox\\33.1\\browser\\extensions\\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}","mtime":1416411776820,"rdfTime":1415924238000}}},{"name":"app-profile","addons":{"fxdr...@googlecode.com":{"descriptor":"C:\\Users\\AUTOMA~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\\extensions\\fxdr...@googlecode.com","mtime":1417560800602,"rdfTime":1417560785517},"JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com":{"descriptor":"C:\\Users\\AUTOMA~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\\extensions\\JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com","mtime":1417560753689,"rdfTime":1417560753689}}}]
1417560826612 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Opening XPI database
C:\Users\AUTOMA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous4295984848281205364webdriver-profile\extensions.json
1417560826614 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on fxdr...@googlecode.com installed
in app-profile *** Blocklist::_loadBlocklistFromFile: blocklist is disabled
1417560835825 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-profile:fxdr...@googlecode.com visible 1417560835828
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835829
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835830 addons.xpi
DEBUG New add-on JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com installed in app-profile
1417560835839 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-profile:JSErrorC...@jsourcerer.com visible 1417560835839
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835839
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835839 addons.xpi
DEBUG New add-on {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} installed in
app-global 1417560835845 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-global:{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} visible 1417560835845
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835846
DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes 1417560835873 addons.xpi
DEBUG Updating database with changes to installed add-ons 1417560835873
addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Updating add-on states 1417560835874
addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Writing add-ons list 1417560835885 addons.manager
DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for XPIProvider 1417560835886
addons.manager DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for
LightweightThemeManager 1417560835889 addons.manager DEBUG Registering
shutdown blocker for OpenH264Provider 1417560835890 addons.manager DEBUG
Registering shutdown blocker for PluginProvider Build info:
version: '2.44.0', revision: '76d78cf323ce037c5f92db6c1bba601c2ac43ad8',
time: '2014-10-23 13:11:40' System info: host: 'TAF-Agent23',
ip: '172.16.25.183', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86',
os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_07' Driver info: driver.version:
FirefoxDriver

[...]
1417560835839 addons.xpi DEBUG New add-on
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} installed in app-global
1417560835845 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Make addon
app-global:{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} visible
1417560835845 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1417560835846 DeferredSave.extensions.json DEBUG Save changes
1417560835873 addons.xpi DEBUG Updating database with changes to installed
add-ons
1417560835873 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Updating add-on states
1417560835874 addons.xpi-utils DEBUG Writing add-ons list
1417560835885 addons.manager DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for
XPIProvider
1417560835886 addons.manager DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for
LightweightThemeManager
1417560835889 addons.manager DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for
OpenH264Provider
1417560835890 addons.manager DEBUG Registering shutdown blocker for
PluginProvider

Build info: version: '2.44.0',
revision: '76d78cf323ce037c5f92db6c1bba601c2ac43ad8', time: '2014-10-23
13:11:40'
System info: host: 'TAF-Agent23', ip: '172.16.25.183', os.name: 'Windows
7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_07'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:134)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:246)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:114)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.(FirefoxDriver.java:191)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.(FirefoxDriver.java:186)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.(FirefoxDriver.java:103)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.createFireFoxWebDriver(ActionsBrowser.java:6384)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.initWebDriver(ActionsBrowser.java:345)
at com.mflex.automationcore.Context.getWebDriver(Context.java:1543)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.initSelenium(ActionsBrowser.java:152)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.openBrowserURL(ActionsBrowser.java:886)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.openBrowser(ActionsBrowser.java:763)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ActionsBrowser.openBrowser(ActionsBrowser.java:711)
at com.mflex.am.accountmanager.Home.init(Unknown Source)
at com.mflex.am.accountmanager.Home.(Unknown Source)
at com.mflex.scripts.AmBuyAdditionalSeasonTickets.test(Unknown Source)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:180)
at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:138)
at
com.mflex.automationcore.ScriptLauncher.launchScript(ScriptLauncher.java:223)
at com.mflex.automationcore.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:96)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
java.lang.InterruptedException: Process timed out after waiting for 45000
ms.
Build info: version: '2.44.0',
revision: '76d78cf323ce037c5f92db6c1bba601c2ac43ad8', time: '2014-10-23
13:11:40'
System info: host: 'TAF-Agent23', ip: '172.16.25.183', os.name: 'Windows
7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_07'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.os.CommandLine.waitFor(CommandLine.java:131)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxBinary.waitFor(FirefoxBinary.java:222)
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxBinary.clean(FirefoxBinary.java:242)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:91)
... 32 more
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Process timed out after waiting
for 45000 ms.
at org.openqa.selenium.os.UnixProcess.waitFor(UnixProcess.java:148)
at org.openqa.selenium.os.CommandLine.waitFor(CommandLine.java:129)
... 35 more

sele...@googlecode.com

Jan 27, 2015, 1:27:02 PM1/27/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #48 on issue 6955 by gjmvel...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I'm start seeing this issue with all my tests on Firefox. Firefox starts
consuming GBs of memory until it waits for the complete page load and the
browser hangs completely. No Selenium timeouts were raised and the test
executes forever.

I'm using the Selenium 2.44 C# Bindings with Firefox 32.0.3.

It's hard to provide a publicly available test page as the application
under test is password-protected. Is there a way to get a Selenium
operations log like those displayed in the Selenium Server console?

Attachments:
firefox.png 34.3 KB

sele...@googlecode.com

Jan 31, 2015, 12:25:13 AM1/31/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #49 on issue 6955 by eelgh...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

It might be that the Firefox driver expects a non-false return value. It
sounds silly but my "async" invocation (which is sync, just waiting for a
call to an internal callback function) returned when I called the callback
with a (...click(), 1) expression, which will evaluate to 1 regardless of
the return value of the click() call.

I would have thought that my executeAsyncScript() returned on any
invocation of its internal callback. Perhaps, the Firefox driver did not
implement this implicit requirement.

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 12, 2015, 10:40:57 PM2/12/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #50 on issue 6955 by ala...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs during
testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I had the same issue, and as a workaround for firefox only I change it to
using findelements instead until this issue solved.

List<WebElement> elements = driver.findElements(BySomething);
if (elements!= null && !elements.isEmpty())
{
return elements.get(0);
} else {
throw new SomeException();

sele...@googlecode.com

Feb 12, 2015, 10:45:43 PM2/12/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #51 on issue 6955 by ala...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs during
testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I had similar issue in selenium java, but it is related with findelement
method. As a workaround for firefox only, I changed the implementation to
using findelements instead until this issue solved (kudos to the one
suggest workaround for this in this link http://goo.gl/qwZ9Kc).

Here is my implementation in case anyone interested

sele...@googlecode.com

Mar 2, 2015, 7:44:39 AM3/2/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #52 on issue 6955 by spujith...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

why this error came?
any one plz tell me
hi Exception in thread "main"
org.openqa.selenium.UnsupportedCommandException: Bad request
Command duration or timeout: 1.59 seconds

i am using

selenium :2.44
windows xp
browsers: google chrome version 40,mozilla 33.11

sele...@googlecode.com

Apr 2, 2015, 1:46:22 PM4/2/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #53 on issue 6955 by vishal6...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

use FF 31 with selenium jar 2.41.0, most of issues will be resolved

sele...@googlecode.com

Apr 8, 2015, 5:12:36 AM4/8/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #54 on issue 6955 by eelgh...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

jQuery's .click() and other methods such as .map() return a jQuery object.
Selenium's Javascript driver will not map a jQuery object to any of the
allowed return types. For example, the outside-the-browser Java Selenium
driver accepts only null, Boolean, String, Long, Double, WebElement and
arrays.

I observed a 90-second browser wait and an UnsupportedCommandException when
I forgot to convert my jQuery object to an array when I returned
$(...).map(...). Appending .get() fixed that by converting the object to
an array.

Similarly, I suspect that executing a script ending with or
returning .click() may be fixed with returning a valid value such as null,
1 or an array.

I did not witness a WebElement.click() hang-up. That could have a similar
cause if the browser's driver attempted to return the value of
jQuery's .click().

sele...@googlecode.com

Aug 30, 2015, 3:36:38 AM8/30/15
to selenium-develope...@googlegroups.com

Comment #55 on issue 6955 by uday.nit...@gmail.com: Firefox browser hangs
during testing
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6955

I had the similar issue as that of experienced by OP, in my case it was a
javascript which was hitting the URL and then gets hung over. I was able to
resolve this issue by using AdBlock plus extension on my Firefox profile
with preferences to be set to block that js from loading. Now, all I have
to care is that when the browser is instantiated then it has the profile
which has adblock plus extension