How do I get a select box where nothing is selected?

Edwin Boersma

Apr 27, 2017, 9:23:56 AM4/27/17
to select2
Hi,

Switching to v4.0.3, I'm running into a few issues. One of them is how to get a dropdown where nothing selected.

I have a dropdown with 3 options, and (of course) don't want a search field. In v3, I could add an empty (first) option (<option value=""></option>), and have minimumResultsForSearch set to -1, but this doesn't seem to work in v4. Instead, I get an empty selectable option in the dropdown. When I remove the 'empty' option, the first option is always selected.

Which option do I need to get this done?

Rgds,
Edwin