Upgrading to V4

Sup...@hs-technologies.com

Aug 18, 2016, 9:04:33 PM8/18/16
to select2
I currently use ajax to populate a multiselect using a hidden element.
It seems I need to replace my current code, but I can't find any real documentation or a working example.

This is what needs to be updated to version 4

Thanks

ajax: {
url: "@Url.Content("~/getMyList")",
dataType: "json",
type: "GET",
data: function (params) {

var queryParameters = {
term: params//.term
}
return queryParameters;
},
results: function (data) {
var myResults = [];
$.each(data.results, function (index, item) {
myResults.push({
'id': item.text.replace(",", "|"),
'text': item.text
});
});
return {
results: myResults
};
}

Kevin Brown

Aug 19, 2016, 12:02:08 AM8/19/16
to select2

Your biggest issue here is not going to be with the AJAX configuration, but with setting the initial selection. The only thing that you need to change (as far as I can tell) with your AJAX config is that ajax.results is now ajax.processResults.

Darren Whaley

Aug 19, 2016, 5:03:26 AM8/19/16
to sel...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for responding.

The problem I’m running into currently is with the ajax call.

When I try to initialize I get an error – Option multiple is not allowed for Select2 when attached to a select element.

Removing multiple = true and moving it inline with multiple=”multiple” cleared this one up

Next was the ajax one – Option ajax is not allowed for Select2 when attached to a select element.

The documentation states that the hidden element scenario is not needed anymore, but I’m not sure that’s completely true.

Our main reason for doing this update is an attempt to get theses controls to function in IOS systems.

Thanks

Kevin Brown

Aug 19, 2016, 8:37:39 AM8/19/16
to sel...@googlegroups.com

If you're getting either of those errors, it's a sign that you are not actually usually Select2 4.x. I would check to make sure you are actually loading in the right version, and that nobody else is loading in a different version after you (if you're in a shared plugin environment, like WordPress).

If you look at the examples page in the documentation, you'll see at least one example of us using AJAX with a select element.