Select2- remove first match highlight

nahus...@gmail.com

May 25, 2017, 11:51:00 AM5/25/17
to select2
Hi,

I am using select2 single select control and I want to remove the select2 default behaviour that, it will highlight the first matching option. I want to highlight the option only if it is an exact match to the typed text. I have tried removing the 'select2-highlighted' CSS class on keypress if the added text don't match the options, but it is causing a flash that, the oyion gets highlighted and them the highlight is removed. I have also tried overriding the highlight function provided by select2, but it is breaking many functionalities of select2. Any thoughts on how to make it work?