update tags of a select2 gives error (TypeError: b.dataAdapter is null)

pbro...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2017, 6:10:45 AM3/2/17
to select2
Hi,

After updating data of a select2, I get the error TypeError: b.dataAdapter is null.
Perhaps I have missunderstood something and would like to know the correct way to do it then.

I have checked this snippet on chrome and get an error as well: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'current' of null'

Tested with last 4.0.3 release of select2

# chrome Version 56.0.2924.87
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'current' of null

# firefox 51.0.1 TypeError: b.dataAdapter is null

A jsfiddle is available from: jsfiddle.net/PBrockmann/74v2gzhe

I have described this in a comment at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41872930/jquery-select2-typeerror-b-dataadapter-is-null

Any help welcome
Regards
Patrick