Beta/Live timing and process

Jon H

Jun 25, 2012, 7:39:06 PM6/25/12
to seesmic-ping-api-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen anything about release dates and/or how long the beta program will continue. Specifically:

- Can we sign up for paid API keys now?

- Can the beta API key we already have be changed to a live key?

- Will users that currently post via a beta API process have to re-sign up?

- How long will we have to transition from the beta to the live API?

Thanks,
Jon

George Ionita

Jun 28, 2012, 7:19:33 AM6/28/12
to seesmic-ping-api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,

The beta program helps us keep control of the API access at its early stage, and set the correct expectations while giving us time to identify and solve issues as we go. When the beta program ends, there is little to no transition required for the customers that signed up during the beta phase. The same API endpoints that we currently expose will be available after the beta ends, as well.

Also, we will still keep the API keys of the customers that signed up so far after the beta period ends, so your apps will keep working without changes and the users won't have to sign up again.

Thanks,
George