Testing EAP-SIM using wpa_supplicant for ubuntu

Venkatachalam Subramanian

Jun 29, 2012, 9:49:33 AM6/29/12
to seek-for...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I'm currently testing the EAP-SIM method using the wpa_supplicant on ubuntu.
I've installed PCSC and set up the build configuration for the wpa_supplicant accordingly.
However, I'm not able to authenticate using the 'Dekart Smart Card USB reader'.
It throws an error saying,

Selected network is configured to use SIM (sim=1 aka=0) - initialize PCSC
SCARD: initializing smart card interface
SCARD: Could not establish smart card context (err=-2146435043)
SCARD: deinitializing smart card interface
Failed to initialize SIM (pcsc-lite)

Could some one please help me with this??

--
Regards,
Venkat Subramanian

Daniel

Jul 3, 2012, 9:46:18 AM7/3/12
to seek-for-android
When you start your PCSC daemon on command line, e.g. 'pcscd -f -a -d'
you can see the debug output of the daemon.
The wpa_supplicant client cannot connect to the daemon (error
8010001D) so either your daemon is not running or you might have a
version mismatch?
---
Daniel

On Jun 29, 3:49 pm, Venkatachalam Subramanian
<venkatsubb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm currently testing the EAP-SIM method using the wpa_supplicant on ubuntu.
> I've installed PCSC and set up the build configuration for the
> wpa_supplicant accordingly.
> However, I'm not able to authenticate using the 'Dekart Smart Card USB
> reader'.
> It throws an error saying,
>
> Selected network is configured to use SIM (sim=1 aka=0) - initialize PCSC
> SCARD: initializing smart card interface
> SCARD: Could not establish smart card context (err=-2146435043)
> SCARD: deinitializing smart card interface
> Failed to initialize SIM (pcsc-lite)
>
> Could some one please help me with this??
>
> --
> *Regards,
> *Venkat Subramanian

Venkatachalam Subramanian

Jul 3, 2012, 9:51:09 AM7/3/12
to seek-for...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Thanks.. I fixed it.. I just had to run it with root privileges!
--
Regards,
Venkatachalam Subramanian