PF_RING 5.6.1, Snort 2.9.5.3, and Suricata 1.4.5 packages now available!

Doug Burks

Sep 3, 2013, 7:31:13 AM9/3/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com

Heine Lysemose

Sep 4, 2013, 3:17:54 AM9/4/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just wanted to make a note that VRT rules for Snort ver. 2.9.5.3 are released to registered users 6. September due to the 30 days delay.
So Snort won't start if you start if you updated the version and using VRT registred ruleset.

Regards,
Lysemsoe

Doug Burks

Sep 4, 2013, 8:01:55 AM9/4/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lysemose,

I'm confused. I thought VRT rules for Snort 2.9.5.3 would be
available on August 30 since 2.9.5.3 was released on July 30?
http://blog.snort.org/2013/07/snort-2953-is-now-available.html

Thanks,
Doug

Heine Lysemose

Sep 4, 2013, 8:11:20 AM9/4/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug

I believe you are right about the release of Snort ver. 2.9.5.3 but the first ruleset for 2.9.5.3 was released 6. September 2013

So when I run sudo rule-update, I get 403 code displayed by Pulledpork.

Regards,
Lysemose