live cd stalls on boot

pc

Oct 13, 2010, 12:36:35 PM10/13/10
to security-onion
Hi,
I just downloaded the live cd and tried to run it on several different
systems, same result on all. It stalls on the XUbuntu screen. I could
see some errors when I hit ctrl Esc,

chroot: cannot execute debconf-communicate: Input/output error
Bus error
chroot: cannot execute dbkg-divert: Input/output error
Kernal panic –not syncing :attempt to kill init

I am new to linux so any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Doug Burks

Oct 13, 2010, 12:58:11 PM10/13/10
to security-onion
Hi pc,

Your download may have been corrupted. Did you verify the downloaded
ISO file using the MD5 and/or SHA1 checksums?

Thanks,
Doug Burks

pc

Oct 18, 2010, 12:01:04 PM10/18/10
to security-onion
Thanks, I downloaded again and that seemed to work ok.

Thanks