Surpress Ubuntu "New Release Available" Message

Ryan

Aug 13, 2014, 10:44:22 AM8/13/14
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Since Security Onion is sticking with 12.04 LTS for the time being some of you (like me) may want to suppress the notification that a new release is available.

1. Edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades - change Prompt=never.
2. Remove /var/lib/update-notifier/release-upgrade-available

Works for me - let me know if I made an error.

@Doug may or may not want to make this part of some random package.

Cheers
Ryan Peck

Doug Burks

Aug 13, 2014, 1:44:58 PM8/13/14
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

I've created Issue 574 for this:
https://code.google.com/p/security-onion/issues/detail?id=574
> --

Doug Burks
Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?
http://securityonionsolutions.com

Doug Burks

Aug 13, 2014, 3:13:41 PM8/13/14
to securit...@googlegroups.com
The new package is ready for testing and has been submitted to our
security-onion-testing mailing list. If you're not already a member
of the security-onion-testing mailing list, please join today and join
the fun!

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/security-onion-testing/AsX_YO1Z8TA/discussion

Doug Burks

Aug 22, 2014, 8:50:18 AM8/22/14