IIS ELSA Parser

James Taylor

Jul 16, 2015, 6:32:42 PM7/16/15
to securit...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is interested attached is a parser for IIS logs being sent via OSSEC.

Currently it parses logs using the default settings in IIS plus ALL fields selected. Goes into current URL class in ELSA.

Still has more testing but seems to work for me from IIS 7+.

elsa_iis.xml

Doug Burks

Jul 16, 2015, 7:59:59 PM7/16/15
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Thanks for the parser!

I've created the following issue for this:

Issue 780: securityonion-elsa-extras: add parser for IIS logs
https://github.com/Security-Onion-Solutions/security-onion/issues/780
> --

Doug Burks
Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?
http://securityonionsolutions.com

James Taylor

Jul 20, 2015, 12:24:19 PM7/20/15
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Doug, I will finish testing and create a PR.