Re: [security-onion] Trying to install SO

Scott Runnels

May 30, 2013, 9:23:52 AM5/30/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
You might want to try adding 'nomodeset' to the boot options from the CD - it's a solution I've used in the past.

Scott Runnels

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM, WHRO <benni...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to install this on my HP server dual quad core 3.0 Mhz, 32g ram, raid 0 146g os drive, raid 5 300g data drive, and a 4t drive cage for log data.

My issue is that i boot off of the cd, select the first option to start the desktop, then nothing. In my VM it work fine, but not on my HP server.

Any Ideas?

Thanks for the help.

WHRO

Jun 17, 2013, 11:04:47 AM6/17/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the Info Scott, how would I do that to the SO package DVD.

Thanks for the help

Scott Runnels

Jun 17, 2013, 11:20:02 AM6/17/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
When you're booting off of the liveCD, you can alter the boot options being used.  I don't have a system in front of me at the moment, but if you look at the bottom of the menu I believe there are instructions on altering the bootoptions.  It might be 'e' to edit the current the boot entry.

Scott Runnels

WHRO

Jun 17, 2013, 11:35:16 AM6/17/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
I will go look now, thanks again

WHRO

Jun 17, 2013, 1:50:40 PM6/17/13
to securit...@googlegroups.com
That worked, at the bottom you could hit tab to edit command line, thanks again.