PHP data encryption cheatsheet

Timo H

Jun 17, 2014, 6:09:23 AM6/17/14
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been finalizing a small article about symetric data encryption in PHP:

http://timoh6.github.io/2014/06/16/PHP-data-encryption-cheatsheet.html

In the "cheatsheet" I try to model a straightforward way to avoid the most common quirks and pitfalls related to symmetric data encryption (and some related issues on the implementation side).

Naturally generalist developers should not build their own crypto code, but I hope this cheatsheet could be useful for some people who has to deal with data encryption (i.e. library/framework authors).

Feedback much appreciated.

Regards,
Timo

Chris Cornutt

Jun 17, 2014, 8:57:54 AM6/17/14
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hey Timo,
Looks good - I might add some links in that first section to mcrypt and openssl in the manual to make it easier to reference them.
Lots of great content packed in there, definitely a good resource (and not for the beginners out there :) ).

-chris

Senior Editor
PHPDeveloper.org
ccor...@phpdeveloper.org
@enygma

Timo

Jun 17, 2014, 9:49:23 AM6/17/14
to se...@googlegroups.com
Good point, I added links to both the extensions.

Thanks!

Timo