It depends on how you look at it.

Monica I.

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

To know that some people of the Asian culture eat dog meat,
would they think that they are superior as dog spelled backwards
it God?

Young

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

> > To know that some people of the Asian culture eat dog meat,
> > would they think that they are superior as dog spelled backwards
> > it God?

What do you get when you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and a dislexic?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

nancy

dou...@eve.speakeasy.org

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

In article <6bisqq$8...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,
Big Don <big...@eskimo.com> wrote:

>If your host serves you this, you damn well better eat some....Hey
>Monica, you and Douggie wanna drop by for supper??

Sorry, Don, I don't eat any meat other than poultry and fish. Oh, and I
don't dine with racist abusive assholes, such as yourself.

Thanks for the invite, though ... it was mighty white of ya.

Big Don

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

Monica I. wrote:

> To know that some people of the Asian culture eat dog meat,
> would they think that they are superior as dog spelled backwards
> it God?

Don't know the name of it, but the true LOOT_Gourmet Asian delicacy, in
Taiwan anyway, is *mice*. 2-3 day old *LIVE* mice that don't have any
hair yet. They serve them up in a big bowl where the mice are too
young/uncoordinated yet to climb out. All they can really do is wiggle
a bit and emit pathetic little squeaks. You reach over and grab one of
these pink critters (they are really small) dangling it by the tail and
dunk its head into this ketchup-like stuff and eat it in one bite.

If your host serves you this, you damn well better eat some....Hey
Monica, you and Douggie wanna drop by for supper??

Big Don (u-u-u-u-rrrp)
No LOOT Meals ~!!~

cranmer

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

Big Don wrote in message <6bisqq$8...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...

>Monica I. wrote:
>>
>> To know that some people of the Asian culture eat dog meat,
>> would they think that they are superior as dog spelled backwards
>> it God?

I (a WASP) had dog once. It was while I was in the navy (U.S.) It was in a
Chinese restaurant in Casablanca. I thought it was quite good. However, I
have to admit, that I did not know it was dog until after the meal was over.
I don't think I could do it again.

John Bomberger

Feb 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/8/98

After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
another name..

Barb

Marie Braden

Feb 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/9/98

Ugh, that's as bad as balut. Which is a Filipino dish made of rotted
raw eggs...Yuck....

On Sun, 08 Feb 1998 00:04:17 -0800, Big Don <big...@eskimo.com> wrote:

>Monica I. wrote:
>>
>> To know that some people of the Asian culture eat dog meat,
>> would they think that they are superior as dog spelled backwards
>> it God?
>

>Don't know the name of it, but the true LOOT_Gourmet Asian delicacy, in
>Taiwan anyway, is *mice*. 2-3 day old *LIVE* mice that don't have any
>hair yet. They serve them up in a big bowl where the mice are too
>young/uncoordinated yet to climb out. All they can really do is wiggle
>a bit and emit pathetic little squeaks. You reach over and grab one of
>these pink critters (they are really small) dangling it by the tail and
>dunk its head into this ketchup-like stuff and eat it in one bite.
>
>If your host serves you this, you damn well better eat some....Hey
>Monica, you and Douggie wanna drop by for supper??
>
>Big Don (u-u-u-u-rrrp)
>No LOOT Meals ~!!~

If dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough.
---Reba McEntire (Till You Love Me)

Nospam456

Feb 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/10/98

In article <6biubs$d...@sjx-ixn9.ix.netcom.com>, Young <qwe...@ix.netcom.com>
writes:

>What do you get when you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and a
>dislexic?

Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a
>dog.

Very funny. Irreverant, but funny!

Catherine

Susan Cohen

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

John Bomberger wrote:

> After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
> I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
> another name..

And how would you know, unless you'd eaten it before?

Eng...@earthlink.net

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

> John Bomberger wrote:
>
> > After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
> > I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
> > another name..

So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
at the bland places that you obviously prefer.

--
SCAA's Official Host,
#1 Evil Flamewarrior,
Eng

Alex Lam

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

> > John Bomberger wrote:
> >
> > > After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
> > > I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
> > > another name..
> >

> So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
> the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
> at the bland places that you obviously prefer.

Snails are really yummy too. Eng!

You should try the French duck blood pudding. Also love their con feit,
duck a l'orange, amongst others. :)

Alex Lam.

--
******** ALL NEW ALEX LAM'S VIRTUAL STUDIO********
Just been totally reconstructed! Release980207.

Toyota Presents GOLFMundi: A Golf Expo on the Net.
http://www.golfmundi.com

John Bomberger

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

this is sooo true..although I have to admit its not something I would
get paranoid about, as long as it wasnt my pet, having eaten monkey,
shark, snake, gator, octopus at least once each.

Barb

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:24:10 -0500, Susan Cohen <ze...@smart.net>
wrote:

>John Bomberger wrote:
>
>> After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
>> I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
>> another name..

John Bomberger

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

I didnt say I liked bland food, I like vietnamese food. My comment
was simply that at some point I probably had cat or dog. Does it
bother me enourmously? Not particularly, unless it was my pet, as
stated earlier, I have eaten alot of things.

And yes, for what its worth, I also like bland food..snails, lobster,
baked potato, spinach salad and keylime pie would be my ideal birthday
dinner, I like all kinds of food, as long as its good food.

Now, what was your point??

Barb

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:42:07 -0800, Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

>> John Bomberger wrote:
>>
>> > After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
>> > I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
>> > another name..
>>

>So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
>the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
>at the bland places that you obviously prefer.

Eng...@earthlink.net

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Alex Lam wrote:

> > So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
> > the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
> > at the bland places that you obviously prefer.
> >
> Snails are really yummy too. Eng!
>
> You should try the French duck blood pudding. Also love their con feit,
> duck a l'orange, amongst others. :)

Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?

> Alex Lam.

> > --
> > SCAA's Official Host,
> > #1 Evil Flamewarrior,
> > Eng
>

> --
> ******** ALL NEW ALEX LAM'S VIRTUAL STUDIO********
> Just been totally reconstructed! Release980207.
> http://www.alexlam.com/users/lampas
> Est. May 1994.
>
> Toyota Presents GOLFMundi: A Golf Expo on the Net.
> http://www.golfmundi.com

DatMaina

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

By the way...in Italy they eat horse. (Tastes like hamburger)

Alex Lam

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:

> > > So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
> > > the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
> > > at the bland places that you obviously prefer.
> > >
> > Snails are really yummy too. Eng!
> >
> > You should try the French duck blood pudding. Also love their con feit,
> > duck a l'orange, amongst others. :)
> >

> Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?

Have had plenty of congi with pig's blood. But you should also
try the Vietnamese style. Killer stuff! Much better, tastier than the
Chinese style.

Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)

If you're adventuresome, try this, this is from Peru, Get a beef heart,
cube it into bite size cubes, let them sit in vinegar with some dried
hot red chili pepper, some salt in it for 2-3 hours, then bbq it over
charcoal and splash the heart cubes with malted beer while bbqing it.

Alex Lam.

Eng...@earthlink.net

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

Alex Lam wrote:

> Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > Alex Lam wrote:

> > > Snails are really yummy too. Eng!
> > >
> > > You should try the French duck blood pudding. Also love their con feit,
> > > duck a l'orange, amongst others. :)
> > >

> > Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?
> >
> Have had plenty of congi with pig's blood. But you should also
> try the Vietnamese style. Killer stuff! Much better, tastier than the
> Chinese style.
>
> Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)
>
> If you're adventuresome, try this, this is from Peru, Get a beef heart,
> cube it into bite size cubes, let them sit in vinegar with some dried
> hot red chili pepper, some salt in it for 2-3 hours, then bbq it over
> charcoal and splash the heart cubes with malted beer while bbqing it.

Sorry, Alex, i just don't have the stomach for those foods. Maybe you
should talk to my parents while i head towards the bathroom to puke...
:)

Michael Lerner

Feb 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/13/98

Alex Lam wrote:

> Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)

That would be Chinese chives (= gow choi = jiu cai). Forms the filling
of one of my favorite kinds of dim sum.

But in this case, the word gow/jiu is not the number nine -- it's a
different character that's pronounced the same.

-- Michael

ED LIPPIETT

Feb 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/14/98
to Eng...@earthlink.net

Talking about food just read in PI> You cannot eat dog anymore what is the world
comining to the best stew i every had was made with dog.

Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:

> > > Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?
> > >
> > Have had plenty of congi with pig's blood. But you should also
> > try the Vietnamese style. Killer stuff! Much better, tastier than the
> > Chinese style.
> >

> > Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> > Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)

Monica I.

Feb 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/14/98

Dim sum? Isn't that steam boiling the entire fried food menu?

Eng...@earthlink.net

Feb 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/14/98

Monica I. wrote:

> Dim sum? Isn't that steam boiling the entire fried food menu?

Most of Dim Sum consists of steame-boiled foods, but they aren't
neccessarily fried. Ha-gow and sui mei for instance are not fried.

sally bond

Feb 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/14/98
to Susan Cohen

"cause it tasted like chicken? :-)

Susan Cohen wrote:

> John Bomberger wrote:
>
> > After visiting almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Paris years ago,
> > I suspect that somewhere in the mess was dog or cat, albeit under
> > another name..

John Bomberger

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

No not realoly. But my point was that I wouldnt know, just that it
was statistically likely, considering all the vietnamese places I
visited. Personally I could care less if I did..

Barbara

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:23:09 -0500, sally bond <sazz...@home.net>

Alex Lam

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:

> > > Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?
> > >
> > Have had plenty of congi with pig's blood. But you should also
> > try the Vietnamese style. Killer stuff! Much better, tastier than the
> > Chinese style.
> >
> > Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> > Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)
> >
> > If you're adventuresome, try this, this is from Peru, Get a beef heart,
> > cube it into bite size cubes, let them sit in vinegar with some dried
> > hot red chili pepper, some salt in it for 2-3 hours, then bbq it over
> > charcoal and splash the heart cubes with malted beer while bbqing it.
>
> Sorry, Alex, i just don't have the stomach for those foods. Maybe you
> should talk to my parents while i head towards the bathroom to puke...
> :)

Now, Don't try to blame it on your parents! :P

Just like many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

Alex Lam.

> > Alex Lam.

Alex Lam

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

Michael Lerner wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:
> >
> > Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> > Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)
>
> That would be Chinese chives (= gow choi = jiu cai). Forms the filling
> of one of my favorite kinds of dim sum.
>
> But in this case, the word gow/jiu is not the number nine -- it's a
> different character that's pronounced the same.
>
> -- Michael
Thanks man! I know it uses a different character. But I do not know
anything
about pin-yin, so I just substitute it with a similar sounding character
"9"
instead.

Yes, the "gow choi" is great stuff. Goes well with many things.

Alex Lam.

Alex Lam

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

John Bomberger wrote:

> No not realoly. But my point was that I wouldnt know, just that it
> was statistically likely, considering all the vietnamese places I
> visited. Personally I could care less if I did..

Rumor had it that during the Vietnam war, human flesh were mixed into
the Vietnamese's sausages: "jarr-jin" and "jarr-lour"!

Alex Lam.

> Barbara
>
> On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:23:09 -0500, sally bond <sazz...@home.net>
> wrote:
>
> >"cause it tasted like chicken? :-)
> >

> >Susan Cohen wrote:

> >> And how would you know, unless you'd eaten it before?

Alex Lam

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

Monica I. wrote:

> Dim sum? Isn't that steam boiling the entire fried food menu?

Dim-sum can be almost anything . It's usually bite-size food, mostly
eaten
in the morning as breakfast, or a lunch/brunch. Things can be streamed,
fried, or
stewed, roasted and so on.

Alex Lam.

> Michael Lerner wrote in message <34E523...@columbia.edu.remove>...

> >That would be Chinese chives (= gow choi = jiu cai). Forms the filling
> >of one of my favorite kinds of dim sum.

Elizabeth & Keith Falkner

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98
to lam...@alexlam.com

Alex Lam wrote:

...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

> Alex Lam.

Alex,

And many would. I had them for dinner tonight, a far departure from my
food plan, of course. VERY spicy and NOT in black bean sauce. They
were WONDERFUL! Fung Tsow forever!

This is a recipe (not what I had) and what they look like:

http://www.sh.com/dish/dish108.htm

I did balance them with NO fat for the rest of the day. I keep saying,
"I am NOT on a diet, this is the way I eat." With the occasional
chicken feet dish, I'll be all right. I hope.

If only Keith would stop calling them "baby's fingers".

Elizabeth

Analisa

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
scrapple. . . go figure.

>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!
>>
>> Alex Lam.

<<<snip>>>

sally bond

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98
to John Bomberger

And when is your birthday? Black tie or casual? Sounds good to me. :-)

If at first you don't succeed, screw up again, that'll show em.

John Bomberger wrote:

> I didnt say I liked bland food, I like vietnamese food. My comment
> was simply that at some point I probably had cat or dog. Does it
> bother me enourmously? Not particularly, unless it was my pet, as
> stated earlier, I have eaten alot of things.
>
> And yes, for what its worth, I also like bland food..snails, lobster,
> baked potato, spinach salad and keylime pie would be my ideal birthday
> dinner, I like all kinds of food, as long as its good food.
>
> Now, what was your point??
>
> Barb

> >So you like snails better, eh? If you don't like vietnamese food, why
> >the hell do you even bother to eat at those restaurants. Next time, eat
> >at the bland places that you obviously prefer.

ED LIPPIETT

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98
to lam...@alexlam.com

You can tell he never ate dog before doesn't taste like chicken one bit.

Alex Lam wrote:

> John Bomberger wrote:
> >
> > No not realoly. But my point was that I wouldnt know, just that it
> > was statistically likely, considering all the vietnamese places I
> > visited. Personally I could care less if I did..
> >
> Rumor had it that during the Vietnam war, human flesh were mixed into
> the Vietnamese's sausages: "jarr-jin" and "jarr-lour"!
>
> Alex Lam.
>
> > Barbara
> >
> > On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:23:09 -0500, sally bond <sazz...@home.net>

Alex Lam

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Analisa wrote:

> But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
> scrapple. . . go figure.

Those are all yummy stuff!

Alex Lam.

Christine

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Thank you for that revolting thought.

John Bomberger

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Not for a while...sigh. I have two chldren whos birthdays are a week
apart to contend with right now.

Barb

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:46:48 -0500, sally bond <sazz...@home.net>
wrote:

>And when is your birthday? Black tie or casual? Sounds good to me. :-)

>If at first you don't succeed, screw up again, that'll show em.
>
>John Bomberger wrote:
>>
>> I didnt say I liked bland food, I like vietnamese food. My comment
>> was simply that at some point I probably had cat or dog. Does it
>> bother me enourmously? Not particularly, unless it was my pet, as
>> stated earlier, I have eaten alot of things.
>>
>> And yes, for what its worth, I also like bland food..snails, lobster,
>> baked potato, spinach salad and keylime pie would be my ideal birthday
>> dinner, I like all kinds of food, as long as its good food.
>>
>> Now, what was your point??
>>
>> Barb

Alex Lam

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

ED LIPPIETT wrote:

> You can tell he never ate dog before doesn't taste like chicken one bit.

I suspected I have...unknowingly...but I don't want to know. I eat a
lot of things but I'm not a dog eater!

Alex Lam.

> Alex Lam wrote:
>
> > John Bomberger wrote:
> > >
> > > No not realoly. But my point was that I wouldnt know, just that it
> > > was statistically likely, considering all the vietnamese places I
> > > visited. Personally I could care less if I did..
> > >

> > Rumor had it that during the Vietnam war, human flesh were mixed into
> > the Vietnamese's sausages: "jarr-jin" and "jarr-lour"!
> >

> > Alex Lam.
> >
> > > Barbara

Larry Ross Storm

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Marie Braden wrote:

> Haggis
> Blood Pudding
> Gizzards
>
> EVERY culture has something odd that the people eat......

> >But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
> >scrapple. . . go figure.
> >>
> >>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

> ><<<snip>>>
> >

> If dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough.
> ---Reba McEntire (Till You Love Me)

I've had chicken feet and their great!

I'm 100% Canadian (part first nation though, might explain it)

I've had tripe all my life

And sweetbreads are great in a sandwich!

Larry

Alex Lam

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Elizabeth & Keith Falkner wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:
>
> ...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!
> >
> > Alex Lam.
>
> Alex,
>
> And many would. I had them for dinner tonight, a far departure from my
> food plan, of course. VERY spicy and NOT in black bean sauce. They
> were WONDERFUL! Fung Tsow forever!

I know. Many of my non Asian friends go to Dim Sum every weekend too.
Some even eat beef tripe, stewed curry pork skin with squads and so on.

> This is a recipe (not what I had) and what they look like:
>
> http://www.sh.com/dish/dish108.htm
>
> I did balance them with NO fat for the rest of the day. I keep saying,
> "I am NOT on a diet, this is the way I eat." With the occasional
> chicken feet dish, I'll be all right. I hope.

Chicken feet are really not fatty. Only the oil you cook it with is.

> If only Keith would stop calling them "baby's fingers".

Haha! Next. Try pickled pork feet!

Alex Lam.

> Elizabeth

bill...@juno.com

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:44:58 -0500, "Analisa"
<anon-...@anon.twwells.com> wrote:

>But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
>scrapple. . . go figure.

Here here. Anyone have a recipie for pigs blood soup.

>>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!
>>>
>>> Alex Lam.
>>

><<<snip>>>

$500 major credit card. car and house payment!
Make up to $8,000.00 monthly.
Only $35.00 to join!
http://uplink-group.com/cfa/tgold/

Believe it!

bill...@juno.com

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Bacon, peanut butter, sardines, pickles, white onions, hard salami,
pepperoni (both sauteed) sandwitch.

I also drink tabasco from the bottle.

Marie Braden

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Haggis
Blood Pudding
Gizzards

EVERY culture has something odd that the people eat......

>But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and

>scrapple. . . go figure.
>>

>>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!
>>>
>>> Alex Lam.
>>
><<<snip>>>

If dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough.

John Hedtke

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Love all three of those, Marie, but particularly a good haggis
sausage! <sigh> Brings back fond memories....

I've never had chicken feet, but I have had duck webs stuffed with
shrimp. Not bad, but not much flavor; the duck feet are all skin and
cartilage and bone and no meat to speak of. But well worth the
experience.

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke

sally bond

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98
to Eng...@earthlink.net

First time I had cold beef tongue at a buffet, didn't know what it was,
but liked it 'til my Dad told me what it was. Decided to let my taste
buds over rull my brain. Still love it. Very often, trying the
unusual, ignorance is bliss, uuummm, within limits. *:-)

Ir at first you don't succeed, screw up again, that'll show em.

Eng...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Alex Lam wrote:

> > > Oh, you like blood, alex? Had pooridge with pig's blood?
> > >
> > Have had plenty of congi with pig's blood. But you should also
> > try the Vietnamese style. Killer stuff! Much better, tastier than the
> > Chinese style.
> >

> > Also you should try stir fried duck blood with "9 choi" ("9 choi in
> > Cantonese: it's a kind of Chinese veggie.)
> >

> > If you're adventuresome, try this, this is from Peru, Get a beef heart,
> > cube it into bite size cubes, let them sit in vinegar with some dried
> > hot red chili pepper, some salt in it for 2-3 hours, then bbq it over
> > charcoal and splash the heart cubes with malted beer while bbqing it.
>
> Sorry, Alex, i just don't have the stomach for those foods. Maybe you
> should talk to my parents while i head towards the bathroom to puke...
> :)
>

> > Alex Lam.

> > > --
> > > SCAA's Official Host,
> > > #1 Evil Flamewarrior,
> > > Eng
> >

> > --
> > ******** ALL NEW ALEX LAM'S VIRTUAL STUDIO********
> > Just been totally reconstructed! Release980207.
> > http://www.alexlam.com/users/lampas
> > Est. May 1994.
> >
> > Toyota Presents GOLFMundi: A Golf Expo on the Net.
> > http://www.golfmundi.com

Shea F. Kenny

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
food? Like, I'm having an omlet with onions, monterry jack cheese and
sliced peaches. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and
SENSITIVITIES, of others. This is latte land. You people think that
since you can brave any cuisine on the planet, it excuses your
political cowardice. It_does_not!

Shea F. Kenny (Graveyard Chairman, M.I.B.)
This has been, Lunar Network News
(In the slave state of Washington)

John Bomberger

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

I dont want to offend anyones sensibilites. however where I live it
isnt latte land. and how on earth does the fact that I like
everything edible on the planet relate to politics? Personally, I
hate peaches, and so that wouldnt be "nice" food to me

Barbara

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:46:19 GMT, luna...@ncfweb.nut (Shea F. Kenny)

Analisa

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Shea F. Kenny wrote in message <34ea698f...@news.ncfweb.net>...

<<edited>>

> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
>food?

Could we define "nice food?"

. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and SENSITIVITIES, of others.
This is latte land. You people think that since you can brave any cuisine
on the planet, it excuses your political cowardice. It_does_not!

Aha, inflammatory words . . . methinks I smell a troll. /ignore troll

Analisa

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

My original post was my attempt to emphasize a well-known fact . . . that
people have food preferences, which are many times dictated by cultural
norms. My Italian/American family enjoyed eating chicken feet many times
when I was growing up and some members of my family still eat them today.
So, to make a statement such as "...many non-Asian would not eat something
like chicken feet!" is not only inaccurate but clearly a statement made
without forethought, IMHO.

Alex Lam:

<<edited>>

>Analisa wrote:
>>
>> But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
>> scrapple. . . go figure.
>

>Those are all yummy stuff!
>
>Alex Lam.

Henry Forson

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

I grew up eating many organ meats etc, they were cheap then. We had
sliced bolied beef tongue often, I like a lot of these, though currently
most of them except for liver are now too pricey.

The last time we went to Scotland we tried haggis. I am not sure if
the preparation was at fault or not, but that was actually nasty!
I am a pretty adventurous soul when it comes to trying new foods, but
that one was even beyond me. It tasted like deep-fried fat with a
greasy muttony-intestine-like casing. Really gross. If anyone knows a
way to make a tasty low-fat haggis, you are more than welcome to
instruct me. Otherwise, never again. ;( One of my mom's favorite
things was pickled pork hocks, she also used to like a thin layer of
horseradish on her pancakes. Me, I'll take unsugared fruit puree.
:)stitch...@hotmail.com

Melodi in VA

Marie Braden wrote:

> Haggis
> Blood Pudding
> Gizzards
>
> EVERY culture has something odd that the people eat......
>

> >But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
> >scrapple. . . go figure.
> >>

> >>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

> ><<<snip>>>

Henry Forson

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Shea F. Kenny wrote:

> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
> food? Like, I'm having an omlet with onions, monterry jack cheese and
> sliced peaches. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and

> SENSITIVITIES, of others. This is latte land. You people think that
> since you can brave any cuisine on the planet, it excuses your
> political cowardice. It_does_not!
>
> Shea F. Kenny (Graveyard Chairman, M.I.B.)
> This has been, Lunar Network News
> (In the slave state of Washington)

What drug are you on? Where on earth did *this* come from?
People are political cowards if they want to discuss organ meats &
foreign cuisine?? Maybe you should try being a little less
conventional. The rest of the world eats all of the stuff we are
discussing on a regular basis. *I* don't live in latte land, thanks,
nor do I care to.

Lunar Network? How appropriate. You might also try learning to spell.

Melodi in VA

You are too funny!

crys...@ruf.rice.edu

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Melodi wrote:
>(snip) If anyone knows a

>way to make a tasty low-fat haggis, you are more than welcome to
>instruct me.

I made "mock haggis" for the Burns supper my husband hosted this year.
It's LOWER fat, not exactly LOW fat. It was more like a wierd
meatloaf than anything. Here it is:

1 lb ground beef
1 lb beef liver
6 oz. oatmeal
2 medium onions, chopped
pinch nutmeg
pinch cayenne (red) pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the liver for five minutes. Drain, reserving the cooking water.
Mince the cooked liver. Mix all the ingredients together, adding
reserved cooking water or additional oatmeal until it is meatloaf
consistency. Bake in loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
Caution: do NOT let the liver boil over because it stinks.

The original recipe called for one pound of shredded suet in addition
to the above ingredients. I skipped that part. Also, it would be
more traditional to steam like a pudding for three hours than to bake
it like a meatloaf.

Real haggis is made from mutton (sheep) variety meats and rendered
mutton fat, which is a little harder to obtain in Houston than in
Scotland.

Crystal
remove one d to mail

Alex Lam

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Analisa wrote:

> My original post was my attempt to emphasize a well-known fact . . . that
> people have food preferences, which are many times dictated by cultural
> norms. My Italian/American family enjoyed eating chicken feet many times
> when I was growing up and some members of my family still eat them today.
> So, to make a statement such as "...many non-Asian would not eat something
> like chicken feet!" is not only inaccurate but clearly a statement made
> without forethought, IMHO.

Even if you've never eaten something when you grow up. You can still
experiment with food, amongst other things in life, after you've grown
up.

Never too late to learn how to enjoy things from other cultures. :)

Alex Lam.

--

******** ALL NEW ALEX LAM'S VIRTUAL STUDIO********

Just been totally reconstructed! Updated: 2-16-98.

Alex Lam

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Henry Forson wrote:

> I grew up eating many organ meats etc, they were cheap then. We had
> sliced bolied beef tongue often, I like a lot of these, though currently
> most of them except for liver are now too pricey.

Most of the tongue dishes I've tried, from most cultures are wonderful.

> The last time we went to Scotland we tried haggis. I am not sure if
> the preparation was at fault or not, but that was actually nasty!
> I am a pretty adventurous soul when it comes to trying new foods, but
> that one was even beyond me. It tasted like deep-fried fat with a

> greasy muttony-intestine-like casing. Really gross. If anyone knows a

> way to make a tasty low-fat haggis, you are more than welcome to

> instruct me. Otherwise, never again. ;( One of my mom's favorite
> things was pickled pork hocks, she also used to like a thin layer of
> horseradish on her pancakes. Me, I'll take unsugared fruit puree.
> :)stitch...@hotmail.com
>
> Melodi in VA

Try this. Get some pork fat, heat up a pot in medium heat, put the pork
fat in,
let it simmer over a period of time, all the oil from the fat will comes
out eventually. What remains are crispy pieces that are almost oil free
.Get those
pieces out and put them on paper towel so the remaining oil will be
absolved. Then,
dust the crispy pieces with some sugar. They're quite tasty.

Alex Lam.

> Marie Braden wrote:
> >
> > Haggis
> > Blood Pudding
> > Gizzards
> >
> > EVERY culture has something odd that the people eat......
> >

> > >But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
> > >scrapple. . . go figure.

> > ><<<snip>>>
> > >

> > If dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough.
> > ---Reba McEntire (Till You Love Me)

Alex Lam

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Shea F. Kenny wrote:

> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
> food? Like, I'm having an omlet with onions, monterry jack cheese and
> sliced peaches. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and
> SENSITIVITIES, of others. This is latte land. You people think that
> since you can brave any cuisine on the planet, it excuses your
> political cowardice. It_does_not!

Wow! Now even food talk has to be politically correct too!?

I respect your veggie diet, but many do not live on veggie diet.

Just don't read the post if you don't like its contents.

Alex Lam.

> Shea F. Kenny (Graveyard Chairman, M.I.B.)
> This has been, Lunar Network News
> (In the slave state of Washington)

Alex Lam

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

I never made haggis myself. But I've tried haggis made by friends. I
like them. Nothing
funny about it.

Alex Lam.

BD

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

More PC crap, eh?
If you'll notice, he/she DID say "many"...

bill...@hotmail.com

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

In article <34E779E8...@home.com>,

Elizabeth & Keith Falkner <falk...@home.com> wrote:

> And many would. I had them for dinner tonight, a far departure from my
> food plan, of course. VERY spicy and NOT in black bean sauce. They
> were WONDERFUL! Fung Tsow forever!

Hi,

Having dated a number of Asian women, I have been introduced to quite a few
exotic dishes, including chicken feet. I have actually found many of these
dishes quite good, even though sometimes I didn't want to know what they were
made from:) One thing that I don't think I could grow accustomed to, however,
is Asian pussy...they're brown and disgusting!

Billy H.

Analisa

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

. . . yeah, and?

Stargirl

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Laurence Eades

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

wrote:

> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
>food? Like, I'm having an omlet with onions, monterry jack cheese and
>sliced peaches. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and
>SENSITIVITIES, of others. This is latte land. You people think that
>since you can brave any cuisine on the planet, it excuses your
>political cowardice. It_does_not!

Shea,
They are talking about nice food. Some of it I do not care for,
but that doesn't mean that someone does not like it. I don't like
some of the food that I am exposed to everyday (McDonalds, Wendy's,
English peas), but I do not mind other people enjoying it. Your food
preferences are usually governed by your culture.
What does ones SENSITIVITIES have to do with the discussion of
food. If you are allergic to peanuts, does that mean that no one
should talk or write about peanuts in your presence?

OBTW: How does it equate to political cowardice to discuss other
peoples likes and dislikes in food?

Laurence Eades

Mojack

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

>> > EVERY culture has something odd that the people eat......

Here in the USA, we call that something hot dogs.
remove NOSPAM to reply
John Floresca | CASEY FLORESCA actor, singer, second grader ...
| http://www.zipcon.net/acerolf/pageant.htm
(Casey's dad) | http://www.laactorsonline.com/caseyfloresca.htm

Harry A. Demidavicius

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Ix-nay on the haggis
Harry Demidavicius

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:26:18 GMT, bill...@juno.com wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:44:58 -0500, "Analisa"
><anon-...@anon.twwells.com> wrote:
>

>>But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
>>scrapple. . . go figure.
>

>Here here. Anyone have a recipie for pigs blood soup.

Actually, cattle blood is used in some European sauages and they are
good too.

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:28:45 -0500, "Analisa"
<anon-...@anon.twwells.com> wrote:

>Shea F. Kenny wrote in message <34ea698f...@news.ncfweb.net>...
>
><<edited>>
>>

>> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
>>food?
>

>Could we define "nice food?"

Pork isn't a "nice food" to muslims, beef isn't "nice food" to hindus,
meat certainly is not a "nice food" to vegans, vegetables are not
"nice foods" to many kids. So I guess we should all stop talking about
foods.

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:38:35 -0800, Larry Ross Storm
<ljs...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I've had chicken feet and their great!
>
> I'm 100% Canadian (part first nation though, might explain it)
>
> I've had tripe all my life
>
> And sweetbreads are great in a sandwich!

Chicken feet are excellent snack with wine or beer, while watching TV.
But very fattening, not recommended for people with high cholesterol
:-P

Message has been deleted

BD

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Yeah, so how's his/her statement incorrect?...
Many non-asians don't like chicken-feet.. It's easy enough to prove...

Alex Lam

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

bill...@juno.com wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:44:58 -0500, "Analisa"
> <anon-...@anon.twwells.com> wrote:
>
> >But they would eat such fare as tripe, chitterlings, sweetbreads and
> >scrapple. . . go figure.
>
> Here here. Anyone have a recipie for pigs blood soup.

try to get the recipe from some Vietnamese. they have excellent
pig blood congi with other organs in it. Should also make very good
soup.

Alex Lam.

> >>...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

> ><<<snip>>>

> $500 major credit card. car and house payment!
> Make up to $8,000.00 monthly.
> Only $35.00 to join!
> http://uplink-group.com/cfa/tgold/
>
> Believe it!

Alex Lam

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Shea F. Kenny

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

About to be doused with a lethal dose of radioactive reality,

ta...@erols.com (John Bomberger), says:
}I dont want to offend anyones sensibilites. however where I live it
}isnt latte land. and how on earth does the fact that I like
}everything edible on the planet relate to politics? Personally, I
}hate peaches, and so that wouldnt be "nice" food to me
}
}Barbara

Well, that's just your tough luck, isn't it hon? Geesh.
Doesn't like peaches. Screwball!

Shea F. Kenny

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

About to be doused with a lethal dose of radioactive reality,

Good_I_dea!

Shea F. Kenny

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

About to be doused with a lethal dose of radioactive reality, Henry
Forson <hen...@wt.infi.net>, says:

}Shea F. Kenny wrote:
}>
[...]

No. It's really not spelled, loonar. Nor is it, looner. You
might try either looking up at the sky once in a while, instead of
dragging your nose on the ground. Sigh. Ok. That's over with. Now.
I have to explain how people in Seattle think. Again. People in
Seattle actually believe, the wierder the food that you eat, the
further removed you are from the ill effects of electing people who
are dead set upon enacting every preposterous idea known to man,
instead of those that actually work. Actually, I think it's a
combination strategy. They keep us conservatives gasping for air, on
every front. All it takes is about five minutes of exposure to a
liberal speaking on any subject, and we're just about out like a
light.

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:39:11 -0800, Alex Lam <lam...@alexlam.com>
wrote:

>Elizabeth & Keith Falkner wrote:

>> Alex Lam wrote:
>>
>> ...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!

Actually, many westerners have ate chicken feet and bums too. They
just didn't they had eaten them. Guess what are used to make the broth
in canned chicken noodle soups ?

>> > Alex Lam.
>>
>> Alex,

>> And many would. I had them for dinner tonight, a far departure from my
>> food plan, of course. VERY spicy and NOT in black bean sauce. They
>> were WONDERFUL! Fung Tsow forever!
>>

>I know. Many of my non Asian friends go to Dim Sum every weekend too.
>Some even eat beef tripe, stewed curry pork skin with squads and so on.

French are like Chinese, they eat almost everything including beef
tripes, squids, snails, rabbits, field rats, little birds,.....

I don't know if French eat dogs, but I suspect some of them do.
Afterall French cusine and Chinese cusine are the world's most
advanced and varied.

Chicken feet are not much different from pig's feet, they are only
smaller. Both kinds of feet contain pretty much same material -
gelatinous cartilage.

>> This is a recipe (not what I had) and what they look like:
>>
>> http://www.sh.com/dish/dish108.htm
>>
>> I did balance them with NO fat for the rest of the day. I keep saying,
>> "I am NOT on a diet, this is the way I eat." With the occasional
>> chicken feet dish, I'll be all right. I hope.
>>
>Chicken feet are really not fatty. Only the oil you cook it with is.
>
>> If only Keith would stop calling them "baby's fingers".

Keith eats hamburger (smashed cow) doesn't he ?

>Haha! Next. Try pickled pork feet!

German's smoked pork feet are world famous.

Beth M. Russell

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

luna...@ncfweb.nut (Shea F. Kenny) wrote:

People in
>Seattle actually believe, the wierder the food that you eat, the
>further removed you are from the ill effects of electing people who
>are dead set upon enacting every preposterous idea known to man,
>instead of those that actually work. Actually, I think it's a
>combination strategy. They keep us conservatives gasping for air, on
>every front. All it takes is about five minutes of exposure to a
>liberal speaking on any subject, and we're just about out like a
>light.

I just have to say this is the strangest thing I have ever read in
m.c.f-l.

Let me see if I understand correctly. Shea has a problem with *some*
people in Seatlle who eat "weird" foods, because they are *leftist*?
So nice of s/he to share this with the group.

I knew I should have stayed in bed today.

Beth M. Russell
brus...@tamu.edu

My opinions are my own. You can't have 'em!
---------------------------------------

Henry Forson

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98
We have a troll here, let's forget we ever read him.
On top of that, he's apparently high on something. He makes no sense
at all.

Melodi in VA

Alex Lam

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Why chicken feet are fattening? High cholestrol, yes, but chicken feet
are
basically bone, skin and some tendons. Yes, it's a great snack.

Alex Lam.

Kaari Jae

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n wrote:

> >Shea F. Kenny wrote in message <34ea698f...@news.ncfweb.net>...
> >
> >Could we define "nice food?"
>
> Pork isn't a "nice food" to muslims, beef isn't "nice food" to hindus,
> meat certainly is not a "nice food" to vegans, vegetables are not
> "nice foods" to many kids. So I guess we should all stop talking about
> foods.

After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
people dislike intestine food.

This made me think of what other foods you absolutely positively
wouldn't eat, no matter what! Personally I *hate* spinach soup, you know
the type done with milk and thickened with flour! Yech! :( And this
immense dislike comes from a school meal. Had to eat everything on your
plate no matter what was on it. Now I know there are a lot of people out
there who might consider this a delicacy but not for me thanks! :)
So what are your personal dislikes?? And why do you dislike it??
Kaari

--
Please remove NOSPAM from my name before you reply. Thank you :)

__
/ ') /@\ \|/
_/\/\/\_/ / `-\ \ ______ - 0 -
_| / \ \/ ` / \ /|\
_| ( | ( | \_i / \ |\____//
/__.-'|_|--|_| | |==| |=----/
----------------~~~~~~~~~~---------------------
Are you sure we haven't met before?????

Helle G. Paulsen

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Kaari Jae <kaari...@hem1.passagen.se> wrote:

>After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
>people dislike intestine food.
>
>This made me think of what other foods you absolutely positively
>wouldn't eat, no matter what! Personally I *hate* spinach soup, you know
>the type done with milk and thickened with flour! Yech! :(

Yes! Spinach soup with one half hard (green) boiled egg in it! My
mother used to make this. I don't know what her source of spinach was,
but I never saw fresh spinach in the house.
And I have trouble with the slime just underneath the surface of fried
cod's tongues...
But I'd eat it if it was served. Strict upbringing, I guess.

Helle

PENMART10

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

In article <34EB4210...@hem1.passagen.se>, Kaari Jae
<kaari...@hem1.passagen.se> writes:

>After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
>people dislike intestine food.

"Sausage" (stuffed intestine) is one of the world's most popular viands.

Sheldon<---even Oprah stuffs a little sausage! ;)

Laura

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

This sounds positively gross. Add it to my list of things I won't eat. Cod
tongues!!! LOL..I'm going to be giggling about that ..all through dinner
(not cod tongues I can guarantee you that!)

Laura

--
To respond personally replace 'nospam' in email address with 'exp'

Laura

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

I hate plane old ordinary meatloaf - The kind (unfortunately) that my mother
made weekly while I was growing up. I think it was the spices in the meat
(garlic powder and onion powder no doubt...her idea of gourmet). Or it
could have been that ketchup topping. Or the gummy partially cooked bacon
on top sometimes.

Now about 10 years ago she discovered this neat meatloaf -
mix up the meat, bread crumbs, egg, Italian type seasonings (I like lots of
basil, fresh if I have it). Put a sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet.
Next spread out the meat (I use my fingers). Then layer on top 6 slices of
ham (only thing I ever preferred boiled ham for) then 6 slices of mozzarella
cheese) Roll up jelly roll style. Seal the ends. Put in a loaf pan (or if
too large I use a square 8X8 baking pan). Cook for 45 mins at 375, drain
off fat. Pour 1 can (12 oz I think) tomato sauce over top, cook 15 minutes
more. Mmmmmm!

Cooking time is approximate - I'm always using different amounts of meat so
have to eyeball it to see tell when done.

Helle G. Paulsen

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

It's considered a delicacy over here. I'm just being squeemish (sp??).

Shamefully,
Helle

"Laura" <la...@seesig.net> wrote:
>This sounds positively gross. Add it to my list of things I won't eat. Cod
>tongues!!! LOL..I'm going to be giggling about that ..all through dinner
>(not cod tongues I can guarantee you that!)
>
>Laura

Alex Lam

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Robert S.� Frangooles wrote:

> All this talk of exotic foods and noone has mentioned Velveeta? C'mon
> people where are your heads at! ;)
>
> Bob

Many Latin American dishes are really good too. I had catus and beef
rib stew
for dinner last night. Prepared by my hispanic housekeeper!

Alex Lam

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:39:11 -0800, Alex Lam <lam...@alexlam.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Elizabeth & Keith Falkner wrote:
> >>
> >> Alex Lam wrote:
> >>
> >> ...many non-Asian would not eat something like chicken feet!
>
> Actually, many westerners have ate chicken feet and bums too. They
> just didn't they had eaten them. Guess what are used to make the broth
> in canned chicken noodle soups ?

Also in those processed cold cut ! Talking about those, I actually like
the head cheese!

Alex Lam.

M Bernabe

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

I get sick at the smell of oysters. I know they are well liked by many, But
even the smell makes me sick.

--
use this to reply: mber...@mail.orion.org

Cooking Page: http://www.bernabe.net/cooking.html
Anyone interested in Chess?
Try: http://www.vog.ru/chess/

Michael Lerner

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Kaari Jae wrote:

> So what are your personal dislikes?? And why do you dislike it??
> Kaari

Bugs. The idea simply does _not_ appeal.

-- Michael

PS On the bugs-as-food topic, there was an article in this past Sunday's
NY Times Travel section about a rather exceptional restaurant located in
the "Insectarium" (IIRC) in Montreal.

Gave me shivers to read about what they served...

Wilkinson

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Kaari Jae wrote:

> After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
> people dislike intestine food.
>
> This made me think of what other foods you absolutely positively
> wouldn't eat, no matter what!

Tripe (another vote for intestine foods). Not in boiled tripe, not in
pepper pot soup, not in menudo. Tried real hard to tolerate it, and
decided I don't have to.

I wouldn't deliberately eat bugs, but if someone served them and ate one
first I'd probably try.

Wendy W. (who loves tongue, liver and kidney, likes brains, and lots of
other normally-unattractive foods).

mcronan

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Kaari Jae wrote:

> After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
> people dislike intestine food.
>
> This made me think of what other foods you absolutely positively
> wouldn't eat, no matter what! Personally I *hate* spinach soup, you know
> the type done with milk and thickened with flour! Yech! :( And this
> immense dislike comes from a school meal. Had to eat everything on your
> plate no matter what was on it. Now I know there are a lot of people out
> there who might consider this a delicacy but not for me thanks! :)
> So what are your personal dislikes?? And why do you dislike it??
> Kaari

Okay, I know there are many people who will disagree with this but....
Escargot. I'm sorry, I just can't get beyond what it is. And, yes, I
know they're supposed to be phenomenal.

Margaret

PENMART10

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

In article <34eb60f4...@news.online.no>,

helle....@tromso.fou.telenor.no (Helle G. Paulsen) writes:

>It's considered a delicacy over here. I'm just being squeemish (sp??).

Shamefully,
Helle

Let's hear the details. First, how big are they, what do you look for when
choosing a healthy one, what about the texture... smooth/rough? Now, how 'bout
a recipe for cod pish tongue?

Sheldon<---can unnerstand a shameful penchant fer my codpiece. ;)

MLLynninMD

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

For me its oysters, sauerkraut, and rhubarb. So guess who's married to the
husband who absolutely loves oysters, sauerkraut, and rhubarb? LOL
To each his (or her) own - its the differences between us that keeps life
interesting.

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 02:36:12 GMT, ace...@zipcon.net (Mojack) wrote:

>Here in the USA, we call that something hot dogs.

Talking about hot dogs or wieners, they are really disgusting. All the
old junk meats and whatever from animals(and ?) are smashed together
with tons of carcinogenic sodium nitrate. What are in the hot dog
wieners ? Ears, heads, eyeballs, and any part that can't be sold in
supermarket as is.

Susan Cohen

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

I want everyone to read this post very carefully. It confirms a suspicion I
gathered from the first post (also included).

Shea F. Kenny wrote:

> About to be doused with a lethal dose of radioactive reality, Henry
> Forson <hen...@wt.infi.net>, says:
> }Shea F. Kenny wrote:
> }>
> }> If we're going to talk about food, can we talk about nice
> }> food? Like, I'm having an omlet with onions, monterry jack cheese and
> }> sliced peaches. Let's be sensitive to the sensibilities and
> }> SENSITIVITIES, of others. This is latte land. You people think that
> }> since you can brave any cuisine on the planet, it excuses your
> }> political cowardice. It_does_not!
> }>
> }> Shea F. Kenny (Graveyard Chairman, M.I.B.)
> }> This has been, Lunar Network News
> }> (In the slave state of Washington)
> }
> }What drug are you on? Where on earth did *this* come from?
> }People are political cowards if they want to discuss organ meats &
> }foreign cuisine?? Maybe you should try being a little less
> }conventional. The rest of the world eats all of the stuff we are
> }discussing on a regular basis. *I* don't live in latte land, thanks,
> }nor do I care to.
> }
> }Lunar Network? How appropriate. You might also try learning to spell.
>
> No. It's really not spelled, loonar. Nor is it, looner. You
> might try either looking up at the sky once in a while, instead of
> dragging your nose on the ground. Sigh. Ok. That's over with. Now.

> I have to explain how people in Seattle think. Again. People in

> Seattle actually believe, the wierder the food that you eat, the
> further removed you are from the ill effects of electing people who
> are dead set upon enacting every preposterous idea known to man,
> instead of those that actually work. Actually, I think it's a
> combination strategy. They keep us conservatives gasping for air, on
> every front. All it takes is about five minutes of exposure to a
> liberal speaking on any subject, and we're just about out like a
> light.
>

> Shea F. Kenny (Graveyard Chairman, M.I.B.)
> This has been, Lunar Network News
> (In the slave state of Washington)

Now, hands up everyone who agrees with me that we are being trolled?

Humorously & imaginatively, certainly, but trolled, nonetheless.

Susan Cohen

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:39:11 -0800, Alex Lam <lam...@alexlam.com>
> wrote:
> Actually, many westerners have ate chicken feet and bums too. They
> just didn't they had eaten them. Guess what are used to make the broth
> in canned chicken noodle soups ?

Not if it's kosher!!! :-)

Susan, who (when reading this thread) is gladder & gladder that she keeps
kosher...

Susan Cohen

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Susan Cohen

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n wrote:

Unless, of course, they're kosher! :-)

tania welford

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

For me, ham sandwiches. The type made with pre-sliced ham.
I think this is from family driving holidays where we would buy ham
sandwiches at a petrol station or roadside store. They would be
made with shiney white bread, a layer of margarine almost as thick as
the bread,a couple of thin, shiny, slimy bits of ham. Warm, slimy and
just slightly smelly...well that's how they seemed to me at the time.

I love fresh ham but pre-sliced ... no thank you

Tania

Bob Y.

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

mcronan wrote:

> Kaari Jae wrote:
> >

> > After reading part of this thread I came to conclusion that quite many
> > people dislike intestine food.
> >
> > This made me think of what other foods you absolutely positively
> > wouldn't eat, no matter what! Personally I *hate* spinach soup, you know
> > the type done with milk and thickened with flour! Yech! :( And this
> > immense dislike comes from a school meal.
<cut>
Speaking of school cafeterias, ours served a tuna casserole, just the
smell of which was enough to make me gag! To this day, I can't stand the
smell of cooking tuna.
--
Bob Y.

Shea F. Kenny

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

About to be doused with a lethal dose of radioactive reality,
brussell@don't.dare.spam (Beth M. Russell), says:
}I just have to say this is the strangest thing I have ever read in
}m.c.f-l.
}
}Let me see if I understand correctly. Shea has a problem with *some*
}people in Seatlle who eat "weird" foods, because they are *leftist*?
}So nice of s/he to share this with the group.
}
}I knew I should have stayed in bed today.
}

You don't understand the complexities of political intrigue at
all, do you? They start them out in college. Food fights. Can you
imagine? First, they get them to dis-respect food, and start throwing
it at people. Stage one in-appropriate behavior, setting them well
down the road to social decadence, of all sorts. It's just yet
another tool the liberals have at their disposal. Make no mistake. I
mean it's, food is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, drugs are GOOOOOOOOOOD!

M.I.B., is about to declassify it's documents of this very strategy.
Correspondence, video tapes of seminars, experimental journals, et at.

Myra Shinkman

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Susan Cohen <ze...@smart.net> wrote re chicken feet used to make chicken
soup:

: Not if it's kosher!!! :-)

Chicken feet from kosher chickens is just as kosher as the rest of the
chicken!

Myra
____________________
Please direct e-mail to "myra [at] primenet [dot] com"

Alex Lam

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Susan Cohen wrote:

> T*o*m* G*o*o*d*m*a*n wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:39:11 -0800, Alex Lam <lam...@alexlam.com>
> > wrote:
> > Actually, many westerners have ate chicken feet and bums too. They
> > just didn't they had eaten them. Guess what are used to make the broth
> > in canned chicken noodle soups ?
>
> Not if it's kosher!!! :-)
>
> Susan, who (when reading this thread) is gladder & gladder that she keeps
> kosher...

I'm no expert on Jewish culture, but I think if the chicken is raised
naturally, without being feed any funny stuff like chemicals, the
chicken is
then kosher.

Am I right or wrong?

Alex Lam.

Alex Lam

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

M Bernabe wrote:

> I get sick at the smell of oysters. I know they are well liked by many, But
> even the smell makes me sick.

Clean the oyster with milk. It'll take the smell away! Ditto with
fish!

Alex Lam.

Alex Lam

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Please don't insult the hot dogs. They're wonderful! As American as
apple pie and Chevy! :)

No, seriously, hot dogs are very nice to grill over open fire.

Alex Lam.

It is loading more messages.