Ignored settings in /seafile-data/seafile.conf

Lewis CHAVAS

Feb 24, 2015, 10:47:57 AM2/24/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow Seafile users,

I have set both the "[default] quota" and "max_upload_size" parameters in seafile-data/seafile.conf but none of them seem to work.
My users can upload more than 2Gb (tested with 3Gb and 8Gb files), and there is no quota defined for their accounts (not on old users and not on new users).
I have not tested the keep_days and max_download_dir_size parameters, but it is possible that the whole config file is ignored.

How can i check if this conf file is actually loaded into Seafile ?
Have i made a syntax mistake or mispositionned the config file ?

My server runs in 4.0.6, it was upgraded from 3.1.7 and from version 2 before that.

Here is the content of my /opt/seafile/seafile-data/seafile.conf file :

[quota]
# default user quota in GB, integer only
default = 4

[history]
#  number of days to keep history
keep_days
= 60

[fileserver]
# tcp port for fileserver
port
= 8082

# Set maximum upload file size to 200M.
max_upload_size
=2048

# Set maximum download directory size to 200M.
max_download_dir_size
=4096

The file is properly coded in UTF8 without BOM, as it should be and proper permissions and selinux context are set.

Here is the init log for the loading of the conf files :

Starting seahub (fastcgi) at 127.0.0.1:8000 ...
[?1034hLoading ccnet config from /opt/seafile/ccnet

Seahub is started

Done.

Apologies if this question has already been answered, I was unable to find a solution.

Many thanks,
Lewis

Lewis CHAVAS

Feb 24, 2015, 11:11:39 AM2/24/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Fellows,

The solution came to me. There was another seafile.conf file in the /home/seafile/ folder, and when i set the parameters into this one they became loaded by seafile at startup.
This is a strange behaviour to me, as i feel that the conf file specified in the documentation (seafile-data/seafile.conf) should be loaded anyway, and parameters set in any extra conf file should override the base configuration.
But then again that other file had my database configuration, so it was a very plain issue in hindsight.

How do you gentlemen recommend that one should structure his Seafile config files ?

Best regards,
Lewis

Shuai Lin

Feb 25, 2015, 7:14:48 AM2/25/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Check the content your ccnet/seafile.ini, it should point to the location of seafile-data folder.

Lewis CHAVAS

Mar 5, 2015, 9:16:27 AM3/5/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Yes it does, thank you.