Seafile Client unable to sync

Sebastian Klein

Jul 14, 2015, 4:08:51 PM7/14/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

I'm running my Seafile-Server (4.2.3) on a Windows Server 2012 IIS platform. Web Interface and every other aspect of SeaFile works perfectly, only the client (4.2.8) is a problem. I can put in my account information and my libraries are being displayed, but when trying to sync a library it's always stuck on "connecting to server" (in German: "Mit Server wird verbunden..."). Using the 4.1.6 client, everything runs well.

The general question is: Can I use the 4.2.8 SeaFile client on Windows with my 4.2.3 SeaFile installation? Or do I have to stick with 4.1.6 and am not able to use the added newest features? That would seem weird because there is no server version higher than 4.2.3 for any other platform, which would render the 4.2.8 client useless.

Thanks in advance!

Christian Hubmann

Jul 22, 2015, 3:10:25 PM7/22/15
to seafile
Same problem here... annoying!

Seafile client 4.2.8 (Win 8.1) does noct sync anymore with seafile server for RaspPi 4.2.3... "connecting to server" when trying to sync although the symbol in the lower left corner of the client shows green status. So the connection to server is up. Webinterface works perfectly... but thats not what I need.

Any help welcome.

Christian Hack

Jul 23, 2015, 8:13:29 PM7/23/15
to seafile, c.w.h...@gmail.com
Note I think these forums aren't really used any more.  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/seafile/g8cLCz2Tujo

4.2.8 on Windows does work fine with community edition server 4.2.3

Using HTTPS? Are you using a self signed certificate? If so check that Settings->Advanced->Do not verify server certificate in HTTPS syncing is set?

Alexander Keller

Jul 28, 2015, 3:01:24 PM7/28/15
to seafile, c.w.h...@gmail.com, chri...@hack.id.au
Thanks for the help. My setup is working again.

Christian Hubmann

Jul 28, 2015, 5:15:27 PM7/28/15
to seafile, sebastia...@gmail.com
Thanks, that did the trick! Up and working again...