[seafile] mailing list deprecated

Nicolas Sebrecht

Jun 2, 2015, 6:05:20 PM6/2/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas Sebrecht
On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 10:17:53AM +0800, Shuai Lin wrote:

> Hi, this google groups is deprecated, please post in
> [1]forum.seafile-server.org instead.

Didn't know that. That sucks because a forum will never be a mailing
list.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht

Shuai Lin

Jun 2, 2015, 8:43:58 PM6/2/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
A web forum is much more intuitive for common users with no tech background.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht

Nicolas Sebrecht

Jun 4, 2015, 5:46:30 PM6/4/15
On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 08:43:56AM +0800, Shuai Lin wrote:

> A web forum is much more intuitive for common users with no tech
> background.

I don't know. Mailing list are just mails and everybody use mails.

Now, having a forum doesn't require to deprecate the mailing list. Why
not both?

--
Nicolas Sebrecht

Serge van Ginderachter

Jun 4, 2015, 5:55:36 PM6/4/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
On 3 June 2015 at 02:43, Shuai Lin <linshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
A web forum is much more intuitive for common users with no tech background.

​Oh, so I'm not the type of user you target?​
What about decent sysadmins that need to manage installations of your product?

Daniel Pfuhl

Jun 12, 2015, 2:01:24 AM6/12/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I like this group and it's mailing list.
Where comes the need from to deprecate this?

Stephan Dietrich

Jun 30, 2015, 2:47:08 PM6/30/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com, nicola...@laposte.net
Additionaly, I would prefer getting important news such as security issues etc directly via email and not via a visit in a forum.

--
Stephan Dietrich