"Failed to get file information from remote library" on new machine, others still working

Patrick Vorlicek

Apr 18, 2014, 6:16:15 PM4/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I'm using only Windows clients. Server running on Ubuntu deployed with nginx and mysql database.

Installation on the first machine was fine. On a new machine I get the error "Failed to get file information from remote library" when downloading the default library.

I read something of resyncing on the still working client by adding a file - but that didn't help. What can I do?

Lingtao Pan

Apr 21, 2014, 12:14:31 AM4/21/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Please try

1. Cancel the downloading of the default library
2. Restart the client
3. Download the library

JiaQiang Xu

Apr 21, 2014, 2:27:33 AM4/21/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Which version of client and server are you using? And can you post the seafile.log from the client? It's C:\users\username\ccnet\logs\seafile.log

bruce....@migliori.co.uk

Apr 25, 2014, 10:33:41 AM4/25/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I have exactly the same issue.  The first client works fine, every other one fails.

Did you get to the bottom of the problem - it's preventing me rolling out this solution to 3 companies at the moment.

Thanks,
Bruce

Markus

Apr 25, 2014, 1:12:38 PM4/25/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
same problem here. the first client syncs the library. all files look good on the web interface, but randomly some files can't be downloaded from the web interface "invalid file id" is the error message.
when i try to download the library on another client (windows 7 or windows 8.1), i got the "Failed to get file information from remote library" error message (because some files are missing).
when i manualy reupload all defective, missing files through the webinterface, i can also download the the library from the other computers. it looks like a nasty bug while uploading.

i run seafile fsck https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/wiki/Recover-corrupt-files-after-server-hard-shutdown-or-system-crash and it reported some missing files. it also killed all files in the library (they are no longer visible with the webinterface) the harddrive still is full of data.

i have a clean 3.0 install on the client and on the server with nginx, ssl on 64 ubuntu 12.04

JiaQiang Xu

Apr 25, 2014, 11:50:16 PM4/25/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Can you find some errors in server seafile.log?

Lingtao Pan

Apr 28, 2014, 10:12:30 AM4/28/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in version 3.0.2

JiaQiang Xu

Apr 28, 2014, 10:30:26 AM4/28/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Update the server to 3.0.2. Then add some files on one client to trigger a sync. The sync should fix the problem.

Markus

Apr 28, 2014, 12:05:15 PM4/28/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
fixed. thanks a lot!