Seafile windows client and multiple users at same time - Exits with "Seafile already running"

Russell Jones

Nov 6, 2014, 1:17:21 AM11/6/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

How do I configure the Seafile client to allow multiple users that are logged into a Windows machine to all run the client at the same time? I've done some searching and there are posts talking about edit the port so each user has a unique port, however I don't even get a chance to do that, the client exits immediately with the error "Seafile already running". I do not see a ccnet folder being created for the other user for me to be able to edit.

Do I need to make this folder manually? Why isn't the client making this for me?

Thanks for any thoughts and ideas on how to get this to work properly!

Christian Sonnenberg

Nov 6, 2014, 1:31:18 AM11/6/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried starting seafile once for every user with no one else logged in?

Russell Jones

Nov 6, 2014, 1:39:21 AM11/6/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Yes I figured that part out (late night - took a little bit to come to that idea!). I got the ccnet.conf edited for my second user to use a different client port, but unfortunately I still get the error that seafile is already running when trying to start it.

Surely this is supported, I didn't even think to test that the desktop client could support multiple users running it at the same time under Windows....

Russell Jones

Nov 8, 2014, 3:28:47 PM11/8/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Bump. Developers, any fixes in the works for this? The clients really should be multi-user aware.

Tobias

Feb 3, 2017, 8:04:05 AM2/3/17
to seafile
Hi there,

I still get this error when multiple users are logged in... at least for the second user opening the client.
Is there a workaround existing?

[02/02/17 14:27:27] ccnet_register_service_sync: Bad response for register service seafile-dummy-service: 516 The service existed[02/02/17 14:27:27] seaf-daemon.c(505): Failed to bind ccnet service
[02/03/17 09:29:47] ccnet_register_service_sync: Bad response for register service seafile-dummy-service: 516 The service existed[02/03/17 09:29:47] seaf-daemon.c(505): Failed to bind ccnet service
[02/03/17 13:57:32] ccnet_register_service_sync: Bad response for register service seafile-dummy-service: 516 The service existed[02/03/17 13:57:32] seaf-daemon.c(519): Failed to bind ccnet service

Thanks, Tobias