Folder renaming implies a complete download

Nicolas Martinelli

Apr 18, 2014, 4:16:51 PM4/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On my Seafile server (2.2.1 64bit), one folder is shared inside the default library, i.e. I generated a "download link" for this folder. I renamed this folder through the web interface, and this triggered a complete download of the folder by the clients. I was kind of surprised by this behavior, since I was expecting that the folder would simply be renamed on client side. Is this a normal behavior, or a bug? Whatever the reason, I think this should be avoided since on large folders (which is my case, 25 Go), this will completely overload the server.

Best regards,
Nicolas

Kristian Grizelj

Apr 18, 2014, 4:36:27 PM4/18/14