high number of processes seaf-server after update to 4.0.1 (Linux Server)

Nuri Altintas

Dec 1, 2014, 5:41:16 PM12/1/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

can anyone tell or explain me why the number of processes are up to 50 Processes for the seaf-server after the update to the beta (4.0.1).

The reason for the question is, that i was running the server on a vserver an the server has numproc limitations after the update the server runs often to the limitations.

Is there any way to reduce the high number of processes ?

On the 3.1.7 version were no problems with the value of processes.

Thank you!

Shuai Lin

Dec 1, 2014, 8:30:01 PM12/1/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Seems seaf-server has created many threads.

I guess this is because from seafile server 4.0, the seafile sync server have added the support of file syncing over http,which include a different thread pool implementation.

JiaQiang Xu

Dec 2, 2014, 4:59:47 AM12/2/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
For http syncing, we start a fixed number of threads (50 by default) due to the restriction of the http framework we use. We'll add an option to configure this number.

Marco Achtziger

Apr 3, 2015, 4:12:57 AM4/3/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is that option available now? Cannot see anything in the manuals or changelogs.

Regards,
Marco