packages for Synology NAS ?

已查看 4,160 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Denis Bonnenfant

未读,
2013年3月24日 17:10:442013/3/24
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

First, does anybody has already compiled seafile server for Synology NAS like DS 1512+ ? As Seafile is not cpu intensive, this kind of hardware is an interesting low cost and low power alternative to a real server.

Second, I'm wondering about disks choice :
My typical use case will be a small company, few users (10), ~ 4 TB of data, with lots of quite big binary files (images, videos...), local sync over 2x1Gb trunked link. Projects can be  big, and I don't want users to wait too long when initialising a new library.

 Apart from reliability issues (which can be easily addressed by raid 5,6 + spares), is there a real performance issue in using "desktop" disks instead of "server" ones, three or four time more expensive ?

For SAN/fileserver application, like samba, iscsi targets... perfs are really different, and "desktop" disks are not a good choice. But the data model in seafile seems not to be really I/O intensive (no concurrent read/writes, blocks chunking...) I made some quick tests on a downsized virtual machine connected to an iscsi SAN, and I didn't see significant changes, in all cases sync speed was bound to the client's network bandwidth.

Do you have some benchmarks showing sync speed vs storage disk type ?

Thanks

Denis

Lingtao Pan

未读,
2013年3月24日 21:37:282013/3/24
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
About disk choice:  As you say, sync speed is bound to the client's network bandwidth & the bandwidth of the server. So the choice of disk is not really important.

Denis Bonnenfant

未读,
2013年4月5日 05:12:422013/4/5
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to generate native packages for synology NAS using spksrc framework (https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc). I managed to cross-compile all dependancies, except libevhtp, which failed to compile on arm archs. The spksrc toolchain uses GCC 4.2, and it's probably a GCC bug. Have you already succeded compiling it for ARM ? what GCC version ? CLAGS ?

The second point is server configuration scripts : normally, spksrc installs libs and bin in /usr/local, so admin and startup scripts have to be modified. Is there other parts in the code where these paths are hardcoded ?
The other solution, maybe simpler, is to keep exactly the same path as in official server tarball. Is it a better solution ? My goal is not to provide a fully functional native package for synology hardware, using DSM configuration gui, but just a convenient way to deploy seafile server on customer's NAS for different NAS's archs

Thanks,

Denis

Shuai Lin

未读,
2013年4月5日 05:39:432013/4/5
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have compiled seafile server on Raspberry Pi with no problems and no special compiler flags, so the problem should be your GCC is too old.

There is a tutorial on how to build seafile server from source.  You'd better that tutorial, most importantly you should follow the directory layout used there. That way you can easily upgrade your seafile server when a new version is released.

Regards,
Lin

Denis

Lingtao Pan

未读,
2013年4月5日 08:30:072013/4/5
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
You may also contact libevhtp's maintainer for help.

Martin Mueller

未读,
2013年6月26日 13:25:352013/6/26
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Denis,

did you have success with your seafile package for synology-nas?

Thanks,
Martin

Renaud Dubois

未读,
2013年9月5日 09:24:082013/9/5
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Dear,
I'm also interested by the answer..
Did you compile successfully the seafile package ?

Renaud

Lingtao Pan

未读,
2013年9月5日 10:04:222013/9/5
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
If anybody can give us a remote access to a Synology NAS, we can prepare a package for interested users.

sebastien rey

未读,
2013年9月12日 13:33:072013/9/12
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Oh, it's a really interesting news !
I'm really interested and i think the syno community too,
What sort of access you need ?

Joel Dumoulin

未读,
2013年10月19日 07:21:122013/10/19
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm also very interested in the possibility to install Seafile server on a synology NAS (mine is a DS212+ with an ARMv5 processor: Marvell Kirkwood mv6282).

I tried to install it a whole day without success! I will try to compile it from sources, but a package or a dedicated tar install would be really nice to have...

Hope to get soon some good news in this thread!

Regards,
Joël

Damien Crignola

未读,
2013年12月6日 14:54:492013/12/6
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com、dumo...@gmail.com

Hi,
i'm also intrested someone has any news on this subject?
I built applications from sources but seems to have a probleme with seahub...

JiaQiang Xu

未读,
2013年12月7日 10:19:562013/12/7
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We've brought a Synology but don't have time to work on it yet.
btw Synology also has file syncing ability. Why do you prefer Seafile?

2013/12/7 Damien Crignola <gnia...@gmail.com>

reyman

未读,
2013年12月7日 11:49:122013/12/7
收件人 seafile
Seafile is open source and this is not exactly a dropbox-like :)

Dave Cook

未读,
2013年12月11日 14:17:352013/12/11
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Also very interested. This is getting very cool now... What's the status up to this point?

Cheers,
D.

Denis Kot

未读,
2014年1月9日 10:03:172014/1/9
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Seafile allows to share directories by user itselft rather only by admins in CloudStation. Also it has much more features which CloudStation misses.

суббота, 7 декабря 2013 г., 18:19:56 UTC+3 пользователь JiaQiang Xu написал:

Alex Kurz

未读,
2014年1月9日 19:43:592014/1/9
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me. I have a Synology DS as well and would be thrilled to be able to run Seafile directly on my NHS.

Alex

johannes

未读,
2014年1月11日 08:09:202014/1/11
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
any recent updates on this topic?

Sebastian Kuhn

未读,
2014年1月16日 11:30:352014/1/16
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
+1 highly interested in a seafile package for my Synology NAS. What's the current development status with your 212j Diskstation?

Nicolas Pilet

未读,
2014年2月20日 05:17:552014/2/20
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
I am also very interrested in such a pachage for my NAS DS412+

Ronny

未读,
2014年4月15日 08:58:492014/4/15
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
+1   looking foward for a synology implementation   thank you :)

Andrey Jumashev

未读,
2015年8月14日 02:30:592015/8/14
收件人 seafile
So was there any progress since 2014?

Daniel Seichter

未读,
2015年8月14日 03:55:382015/8/14
收件人 sea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrey,

I do not know much about the package of seafile for the synology NAS, but you could do the following (it runs like a charm):

1) Buy a Raspberry and install Raspbian on it
2) Create a share on the NAS and activate NFS (e.g. seafile)
3) Mount the NFS share into raspbian (e.g. /opt/seafile)
4) Download the package of seafile for raspberry and install it directly to the mounted NFS share in /opt/seafile
5) have fun with seafile *g*

To save a power socket, you can connect the Raspberry directly using a USB/mini-USB cable to your NAS (the power the USB port provides is high enough).

The raspberry is always on altough your energy saving option is set to shutdown the harddisks after 30min (like in my case). As soon as you connect to seafile (client or webinterface), the WOL option is recognizing the access to NFS and your NAS will wake up the harddisks.

You only have to allow one user to access to the share, disabling sharing for windows, just for NFS and so no problems about any user will delete a file :)

Hope this way is a workaround instead of waiting for an updated packages for the Synology NAS.

Have a nice weekend,

Daniel

P.S.: Using a DS213j, with a Raspberry PI Model B and four clients with about 30GB and full history.

Am 14.08.2015 um 08:30 schrieb Andrey Jumashev:
So was there any progress since 2014?

Andrey Jumashev

未读,
2015年8月14日 04:02:312015/8/14
收件人 seafile
Ha, that's a nice idea!

I faced some problems when using NFS & Seafile from my Macbook but  only because of network disconnections when i took my book to trips. It seems that RPI is a great idea, thank you!

пятница, 14 августа 2015 г., 10:55:38 UTC+3 пользователь Daniel Seichter написал:
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子