Think about seafile...

Denis Tsyuryupa

Dec 3, 2013, 6:39:32 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
When using Seafile in practice, I identified such errors:
1) it is not possible to create a repository to download folder, you can only select files;
2) A message stating that the file exceeded the volume jumps after the download file itself.
3) When you create a group you can not use spaces
4) It would be great if when you create a group discussion, the participants all came in a client message or mail
The project itself is great if finalize will be super! Respect the developers!

Denis Tsyuryupa

Dec 3, 2013, 7:04:47 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
5) When communicating in a group, messages are not updated automatically! Need to refresh the page

Lingtao Pan

Dec 3, 2013, 11:09:51 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 19:39:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
When using Seafile in practice, I identified such errors:
1) it is not possible to create a repository to download folder, you can only select files;

Can you explain it in detail?

2) A message stating that the file exceeded the volume jumps after the download file itself.

I don't quite understand what you mean. A screenshot can help.

3) When you create a group you can not use spaces
4) It would be great if when you create a group discussion, the participants all came in a client message or mail

The email notification will be improved in v2.1.

Denis Tsyuryupa

Dec 4, 2013, 3:59:32 AM12/4/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 19:39:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
When using Seafile in practice, I identified such errors:
1) it is not possible to create a repository to download folder, you can only select files;

Can you explain it in detail?

I go to the store, click Download. Show window to upload files to the server, I can drag them there with the mouse. The problem is that I can not select a folder, it will be seen as just a label seafile.
It turns out that the download directory via the web interface capabilities are not present, only through the client

2) A message stating that the file exceeded the volume jumps after the download file itself.

I don't quite understand what you mean. A screenshot can help.

Displays an error message, all right, I have limited the maximum size to 200 megabytes. But issued after all the uploaded files to the server. Seafile sized file after he was loaded, it turns out that I have to wait until the file downloaded and only then I can see it are exceeding the norm size.

 3)  When communicating in a group, messages are not updated automatically! Need to refresh the page. How to deal with it? Will it fix?
 4)  When will version 2.1? I introduce the system at the plant, which employs 3,000 people. Willing to work with developers to identify bugs and flaws.

Lingtao Pan

Dec 4, 2013, 8:03:24 AM12/4/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 16:59:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 19:39:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
When using Seafile in practice, I identified such errors:
1) it is not possible to create a repository to download folder, you can only select files;

Can you explain it in detail?

I go to the store, click Download. Show window to upload files to the server, I can drag them there with the mouse. The problem is that I can not select a folder, it will be seen as just a label seafile.
It turns out that the download directory via the web interface capabilities are not present, only through the client

 "click Download" do you mean "click Upload"?

2) A message stating that the file exceeded the volume jumps after the download file itself.

I don't quite understand what you mean. A screenshot can help.

Displays an error message, all right, I have limited the maximum size to 200 megabytes. But issued after all the uploaded files to the server. Seafile sized file after he was loaded, it turns out that I have to wait until the file downloaded and only then I can see it are exceeding the norm size.

It will be fixed in the coming v2.1

 3)  When communicating in a group, messages are not updated automatically! Need to refresh the page. How to deal with it? Will it fix?

Group messaging is not our priority yet. We are currently focusing on file related features. But this will definitely be improved in the future.

 4)  When will version 2.1? I introduce the system at the plant, which employs 3,000 people. Willing to work with developers to identify bugs and flaws.

Version 2.1 is planned to be released before next weekend.

Denis Tsyuryupa

Dec 4, 2013, 9:15:21 AM12/4/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com

среда, 4 декабря 2013 г., 15:03:24 UTC+2 пользователь Lingtao Pan написал:

On Wednesday, 4 December 2013 16:59:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 December 2013 19:39:32 UTC+8, Denis Tsyuryupa wrote:
When using Seafile in practice, I identified such errors:
1) it is not possible to create a repository to download folder, you can only select files;

Can you explain it in detail?

I go to the store, click Download. Show window to upload files to the server, I can drag them there with the mouse. The problem is that I can not select a folder, it will be seen as just a label seafile.
It turns out that the download directory via the web interface capabilities are not present, only through the client

 "click Download" do you mean "click Upload"?

 Absolutely. Upload choosing my only files but not directories

Denis Tsyuryupa

Dec 4, 2013, 9:15:48 AM12/4/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com

D D

Mar 4, 2015, 11:24:15 AM3/4/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this too Seafile version 4.0.6   I tried to upload 5 files and two directories - Only the files made it to Seafile - Does something need to be tweaked in the conf files?