Use OpenStack Swift as the file storage?

Marcus Erber

Dec 3, 2013, 9:53:11 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to integrate OpenStack compatible ObjectStorage for Seafile?

If you think on a bigger scale, online ObjectStorage is a cheap storage solution for files. Because Seafile is file based, this should actually not be technical a problem?

bye
Marcus.

Lingtao Pan

Dec 3, 2013, 10:51:26 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Our business edition support it.

Marcus Erber

Dec 3, 2013, 11:51:51 AM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
That is really interesting, on the feature list for the business edition, only AWS is mentioned. However, we would like to use the SoftLayer ObejctStorage (claims to be Swift compatible). Can you confirm that it does support not only Amazon, but also Swift compatible Object Storage?

Thanks
bye
Marcus.

Jason Tsang

Dec 3, 2013, 6:14:56 PM12/3/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I support this.

Have the storage to be S3 compatible and swift compatible is a very important feature to Seafile.

Jason

Lingtao Pan

Dec 4, 2013, 7:58:33 AM12/4/13
to sea...@googlegroups.com
We are planning to upload a new package in next Monday that support Swift.

Lokesh Gaur

Jul 9, 2014, 2:18:24 PM7/9/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel ,

I am trying to integrate swift with Seafile Open Source . Could you please provide some pointers in this direction ?

Regards
Lokesh

Jason Tsang

Jul 9, 2014, 10:05:34 PM7/9/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lokesh,

The professional version has implemented this solution.

Before upgrading to professional version, I tried s3fe to mount SWIFT to the data folder and it can achieve the same result.

Regards,
Jason

Tom Glindmeier

Jul 11, 2014, 3:54:04 AM7/11/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
On twitter they said say will put swift integration in the open source edition. But the tweet seems to be deleted. And there is nothing on the road map.

Maybe they changed there mind? I don't hope so because I want to switch from Owncloud to Seafile and the only thing stopping me is the missing swift integration.

Lokesh Gaur

Jul 11, 2014, 5:24:20 AM7/11/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Jason,

Thanks for quick reply.

I dont get what is this  "I tried s3fe to mount SWIFT to the data folder and it can achieve the same result." What is this s3fe  here ?
Could you please elabroate more ?

Regards
Lokesh

With Regards

Lokesh Gaur

Tom Glindmeier

Jul 11, 2014, 5:50:28 AM7/11/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I think he talking about "s3fs"

https://code.google.com/p/s3fs/

Lokesh Gaur

Jul 11, 2014, 5:55:18 AM7/11/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
oh Thanks Tom .

By the way is there any design document exists for Seafile ?

I need to explore it .

Regards