Seafile-fuse mountpoint only accessible by creator?

alexm...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 8:42:04 AM5/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

A few days ago I installed Seafile on my linux server (Raspbian Wheezy on a raspberry pi) and so far am loving it!

I would like to be able to access the files stored in Seafile through the server, so it can act as a NAS on my home network. Luckily, seafile-fuse does just the thing. The problem I am running into, is that I get an 'access denied' error when I try to open the folder. The FAQ says the user who tries to open it may need to be in the 'fuse' group, so I set that up as well (logged out and restarted the server, just to be sure), but it still is not working! The folder is only accessible to the user who has run seaf-fuse.sh.

Googling around, it seems that seafile-fuse needs to pass the 'allow_other' parameter to fuse... (Note that I have set 'user_allow_other' in /etc/fuse.conf)

Thanks in advance!

alexm...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 9:17:34 AM5/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I managed to fix it with this hack: change line 90 from

-c "${default_ccnet_conf_dir}" -d "${seafile_data_dir}" -l "${logfile}" \

-c "${default_ccnet_conf_dir}" -d "${seafile_data_dir}" -l "${logfile}" -o allow_other\

Impiastro

May 19, 2014, 2:25:28 AM5/19/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
You can also mount Seafile libraries using WebDAV but you can do it as a normal user seeing only the libraries for the connected user.

ROb

Andrew Howard

Dec 29, 2015, 8:45:51 PM12/29/15
to seafile