Seafile without mod_fastcgi (Apache 2.4), possible?

TheExoduser

Mar 27, 2015, 9:20:11 AM3/27/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

since my very first Installation of seafile i've always used Apache as a Proxy, using mod_fastcgi as described here http://manual.seafile.com/deploy/deploy_with_apache.html.
Unfortunately mod_fastcgi is only available for Apache 2.2 or below. For common reasons i'd now like to upgrade to Apache 2.4 (for example the last php Version for Apache 2.2 is 5.4.39. The latest release is Version 5.6.4, but this Version is only compatible with Apache 2.4).
Of course i'd like to keep seafile as my cloud System, but unfortunately i haven't found a way to deploy seafile with Apache 2.4 because this Version doesn't Support mod_fastcgi anymore (only mod_fcgid).

Well.. now I'm relying on all of you. Do you have an idea how i could migrate my seafile System from Apache 2.2 to Apache 2.4?

Thanks!

TheExoduser

Mar 27, 2015, 9:31:17 AM3/27/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Oh... well 5 Minutes after I've posted this I found this https://www.apachehaus.net/modules/mod_fastcgi/
Am I guessing right that this Version is compiled for Apache2.4?

liyi Meng

Apr 6, 2015, 3:31:40 PM4/6/15
to sea...@googlegroups.com
It is possible. For some reason,I never get fastcgi work with my Apache, so I have been running in plain proxy mode, and it works perfectly.