No email sent when adding external contact (seafile 4.0.4)

79 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Philippe Ney

da leggere,
17 feb 2015, 04:04:5817/02/15
a sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

When adding an external contact, the displayed icon is a person with a question mark (?). And when I look at the information of the contact, the message *Has not accepted invitation yet* is displayed.

Then I guess an email should be send to the email address of the contact for her to accept the invitation. But this email is not sent.

The email is working as email are sent when using the reset password function, CLOUD_MODE and ENABLE_SIGNUP are True.

Did someone has an idea of the reason of this problem ?

How can I debug it as I don't see nothing in the log files ?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers,
Philippe

Joseph Aracic

da leggere,
25 feb 2015, 17:30:5525/02/15
a sea...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. The problem is that until a contact has not accepted the invitation, there no need to have external contacts...
@Phillipe, did you found a workaround ?
Joseph.

Joseph Aracic

da leggere,
25 feb 2015, 17:43:4925/02/15
a sea...@googlegroups.com

Philippe Ney

da leggere,
26 apr 2015, 06:18:0426/04/15
a sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your answer.

I saw the post you refer, but it's to invite external user, to share your data with or to join a group. And in this case Seafile don't send an email if external signup is not enabled (ENABLE_SIGNUP = True).

Yes, it seems that you just cannot have external contacts. It's not a big problem, it's just strange...

We had a reflexion on working or not on a workaround and finally decided that it will be too complicated to support when upgrading Seafile, so didn't do anything in this way.

By the way, we still use the 4.0.4, but I don't see anything in the changelog that seems related to this problem.

Cheers,
Philippe

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore