Access my Seafile Server from outside

Tobias Weinert

Apr 16, 2014, 5:37:07 PM4/16/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
I want to set up a simple cloud service hosted by my windows machine.
The Seafile Server already works local, but i dont know how to get access to the librarys and files outside of my home network.
I already disabled my firewall.
Its a project for school so hopefully someone can help me :)
Best regards, tobi

seafile.conf

[database]
type = sqlite

[network]
port = 12001

[httpserver]
port = 8082

[seahub]
port = 8000
fastcgi = false

ccnet.conf

[General]
USER_NAME = my-seafile
ID = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NAME = ProjektServer
SERVICE_URL = http://192.168.178.37:8000

[Network]
PORT = 10001

[Client]
PORT = 13418

Lingtao Pan

Apr 16, 2014, 11:57:21 PM4/16/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com

Tobias Weinert

Apr 17, 2014, 7:15:04 AM4/17/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, but ive already seen this site.
Do i really need DynDns? I heard you have to pay for it now.. and i guess there is no free alternative for it right?

Tobias Weinert

Apr 17, 2014, 7:44:41 AM4/17/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Okay sorry for spamming..
I found out what i need DynDns for. My WAN IP changes every night, so i guess I'll have to buy the DynDns service.

Tibor Erdelyi

Apr 17, 2014, 8:16:44 AM4/17/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Tobias,

Try http://www.noip.com/ , it's free.

Tibor

Tobias Weinert

Apr 17, 2014, 9:27:50 AM4/17/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Oh thank you, i only saw that the cheapest package was for $19.95/yr, but i didn't see the extras of signing up for free :)
I hope everything works at the end, i only got 2 weeks left and the Server is part of an examination at my school.
PS: I'm sorry for my english, but im from germany and sometimes its hard to find out what people are trying to say (:

Tobias Weinert

Apr 18, 2014, 3:13:21 PM4/18/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com

so i followed all the instructions of the tutorial, opened my ports and changed my ccnet.conf
but i still cant access the seahub using the WAN IP and the no.ip domain.
i tried to telnet the ip, and it says connection failed.
any ideas?
tobi